Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Well, thats what you get when you fly on a crappy carrier. I stick with the good ones - Southwest mainly, and American & Northwest. Delta seems too expensive...

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
yet another reason i dont fly ....there is something inherintly WRONG with flying shitboxes ...yes shitboxes ....here trust you life to this thing , it only has 500,000+ miles on it , and has been maintained by angry union memebers that are underpaid and about to go on strike...oh and well be cruiseing way the hell above the ground , so if anything happens .......well your just screwed .....

if i have to be in a shitbox i prefer it to be on the ground ...even then , im a little weary of aything with 200k let alone what these planes do ....

·
Registered
02 DTS NightVision "Sled"; Waiting For The Coup
2,172 Posts
ben72227 said:
Well, thats what you get when you fly on a crappy carrier. I stick with the good ones - Southwest mainly, and American & Northwest. Delta seems too expensive...

Hmmm If I have a choice I always choose Jet Blue or South West.

That Air Bus has never had a crash attributed to a mechanical failure.. so the reports on TV say.

Looked as if the landing was as smooth as if the gear was there working properly.

Good Job Pilots... good job!

·
Registered
'02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited
1,157 Posts
I fly Southwest because of the CHEAPEST rates on the planet, did I mention that they're stationed in Phoenix? I have a few hundred thousand reward miles racked up, so I plan on taking a trip to Italy with them sometime...

JetBlue is too expensive for an average Joe to fly, so I stick with AA and SW.

·
Banned
1976 Eldorado project
1,631 Posts
I watched this live as well. That landing was amazing! I was surprised that he let it down easy enough as not to buckle the front landing gear.

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
Crappy Airbus!?!? Wow...that doesn't seem to really describe a plane who's landing gear can withstand the abuse that just went through...and I don't think dumping fuel over the ground and people in LA would have gone over well anyways, not when it could easily be burned off as it was...Excellent work, to the pilot, even though that is exactly what they are trained to do. He/She didn't really do anything special, just his/her job!

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS
423 Posts
I agree. I remember I went on leave and I want to Drive. From San Diego to Pensacola. My XO didn't want me to drive and made it really hard for me to get my leave approved. He just didn't think it was, "safe" to drive that far. They threw everything else at me. Plane, bus, train... I asked them..What makes you think those are safer!!!!

Stoneage_Caddy said:
yet another reason i dont fly ....there is something inherintly WRONG with flying shitboxes ...yes shitboxes ....here trust you life to this thing , it only has 500,000+ miles on it , and has been maintained by angry union memebers that are underpaid and about to go on strike...oh and well be cruiseing way the hell above the ground , so if anything happens .......well your just screwed .....

if i have to be in a shitbox i prefer it to be on the ground ...even then , im a little weary of aything with 200k let alone what these planes do ....

·
Registered
02 DTS NightVision "Sled"; Waiting For The Coup
2,172 Posts
There are situations where staying in the air just isn't possible and a fuel dump is urgently needed. The fuel dump takes some time too, but reduces the possibility of a catastrophic explosion.

They still wouldnt dump over populated areas.

plus the main reason for that this plane burned off its fuel was for weight reasons.

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Spyder said:
Crappy Airbus!?!? Wow...that doesn't seem to really describe a plane who's landing gear can withstand the abuse that just went through...and I don't think dumping fuel over the ground and people in LA would have gone over well anyways, not when it could easily be burned off as it was...
Evidently this exact problem has occured on the Airbus before.

And we have an ocean or desert where fuel can be dumped, so take your choice.

I'd still fly Jetblue over any 'domestic' airline in operation today.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
HITMONEY said:
Hmmm If I have a choice I always choose Jet Blue or South West.

That Air Bus has never had a crash attributed to a mechanical failure.. so the reports on TV say.

Looked as if the landing was as smooth as if the gear was there working properly.

Good Job Pilots... good job!
hell yes, Jet blue rocks!

I almost always fly jetblue if i have a choice.

New planes/leather seats/direct TV/cheap flights whats not to like?

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Jetblue doesn't even come here. Stupid Jetblue. Albuquerque is the one big city in the whole state of 1.8 million, with half a million in the city itself, but nooo. Jetblue won't fly here.

Eff them I'll stick to Southwest anyway.

Some news people reported that they did indeed dump fuel over the ocean.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts