Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Alexandria, Va
Work on them all...
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The pictures say it all... Bushings purchased by me on the left. Bushings supplied for free on the right. There isn't too much difference, can't understand why the ones on the right made all kinds of noise.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
So tell me what I am looking at.

Are the black bushings the TSB/06 bushings and the clear/white/blue color bushings the stock for 04/05?

·
Registered
2008 BMW M3
253 Posts
Ya, what gives? Us "lay" guys need you to "spell it out!" :thepan:

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
arr0gant said:
Ya, what gives? Us "lay" guys need you to "spell it out!" :thepan:
:werd:

Yeah, we are a bit slow ya know :bonkers:

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
my guess is the white/blue are the TSB replacements and the black is the 06 standard.

F

·
Registered
2008 BMW M3
253 Posts
Do me a favor, keep the shower curtain rings OFF OF the Cadillac MB's. They don't belong here!!!!!!!!!!

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
yup. Unless I can con my service writer into ordering these for my rig n/c.
It is to be seen...

F

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Black are the Specter peices..... no contest! GM shortchanged the part as indicated by the shorty on the right :crying2:

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
So us 06 guys get the good ones and the 04/05 guys with the free warranty install have to trade their cars in to get the good ones? Is that how it goes :stirpot:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Most of you guys cant do the install. Its not that easy. Let James get the bushings and put them in. While your'e at it, do the magnaflow exhaust.:thumbsup:

Then your'e getting serious.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
I have the Hotchkis kit coming tomorrow, could the bushings be done at the same time? Looking for some info.

F

·
Alexandria, Va
Work on them all...
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Florian said:
I have the Hotchkis kit coming tomorrow, could the bushings be done at the same time? Looking for some info.

F
To install the bushings you have to drop the rear cradle. That's a little more involved then the sway bar install. The bushings can be installed at the same time but it is more work...

·
Alexandria, Va
Work on them all...
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kadonny said:
So us 06 guys get the good ones and the 04/05 guys with the free warranty install have to trade their cars in to get the good ones? Is that how it goes :stirpot:
FYI - The two 06's that we got in did not have the bushings installed at the factory and the cradle mounts looked the same as the 04/05.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts