Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Black 2003 CTS 3.2
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Occasionally I've been getting an awful burning smell when I stop at a light or stop sign or park.. I can't find any brake line issues, no other leaks, and I can't smell it when I get out to sniff the wheel wells. It really smells like a burning fluid so I'm thinking it's not electrical. Also it only pumps into the cabin through the HVAC while the car is on. (I believe the blower still pulls air even if the sytem is turned off.) Idk if it's brake calipers, brake fluid, the automatic tranny (gives me bucking issues around 2nd and 3rd from time to time, motor oil, wheel bearings, HVAC issues.. clueless and I'm usually pretty good at doing things myself. This happen to anyone or know where to start to solve this issue?

·
Registered
2006 CTS sport model/package
1,058 Posts
If you are having bucking issues and it smells like burnt oil, I would get the tranny looked at! If you were burning brake fluid your reservoir would be low and you would probably have air in the lines and a squishy pedal. Gear oil from diffs smells like the worst kind of aweful, so if it isn't a disgusting smell it's not the diff. Engine oil, well....it smells like engine oil lol. My bet is the tranny. Get the oil changed and see what it looks like!

·
Registered
2003 cts
188 Posts
i occasionally have a smell that smells like burning leaves and its bucking. have an appointment at the dealership on monday

the smell is only when the heater is on. i thought maybe something got into it when i changed the cabin filter.

·
Registered
03 CTS 5spd
30 Posts
mines doin the same thing and had the dealer look at it when they did my oil change. My rear main seal is leaking and my drive imput shaft is leaking to $2400.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts