Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, i have a '93 el dorado 4.9l STOCK(Not for long, though)

I came up next to a newer(not the newest but like 00-02) 5spd maxima. I figured he'd beat me out but i took the chance. The light turns green and i took him. One would assume he cant drive but he definately could, and he chirped into 2nd and 3rd gear. He started to catch up in like 3rd gear but i just nailed it(to like like 4,500-5,000rpm) and took him. I heard him basically red-lining! I was sure i could get him again but he backed off. Probably was embarressed that he got burned by a old-person domestic(All stock, too) bouncer: DONT **** AROUND!

And I though those newer nissan V6's were soo quick!

(BTW: I though there was a forum for race stories but couldn't find it)

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
What performance parts for the 4.9 do you have in mind?

It's near the top....Cadillac kill stories and race videos ;)

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
857 Posts
CadillacMatt said:

I came up next to a newer(not the newest but like 00-02) 5spd maxima. I figured he'd beat me out but i took the chance. The light turns green and i took him. One would assume he cant drive but he definately could, and he chirped into 2nd and 3rd gear. He started to catch up in like 3rd gear but i just nailed it(to like like 4,500-5,000rpm) and took him. I heard him basically red-lining! I was sure i could get him again but he backed off. Probably was embarressed that he got burned by a old-person domestic(All stock, too) bouncer: DONT **** AROUND!

And I though those newer nissan V6's were soo quick!

:devillaug Great story! I love how guys don't ever think a Caddy will kick ass..I have all kinds of idiots wanting to race when we pull up to a light, wtf? I know we can win em' all..but my lil ol 4.9 is quick. Good story though man... :worship:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Only people with a certain amout of posts can view/post in the kill section..... its a liabiltiy issue... we cant have members posting kill stories, and the the cops come in and bust you..... Its for your own good!!!

·
Registered
2001 BMW M5 - Alpine White
226 Posts
elwesso said:
Only people with a certain amout of posts can view/post in the kill section..... its a liabiltiy issue... we cant have members posting kill stories, and the the cops come in and bust you..... Its for your own good!!!

What is the liability issue? Are you saying that some of us are not mature enough to view the kill stories? It seems to me that the ones, who post the kill stories, may not be mature enough to drive yet. Let alone drive a Cadillac.

I did not realize that I was cut off from viewing this entire site as a member.

If you are worried about liability, on a subject that law enforcement may not have any grounds to do anything about, then why are the stories being posted in the first place?

Are some drag races more legal than others?

Your argument simply does not make sense. Give everyone access to all sections.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Ok... Lets make a scenerio...... (this may be an extreme case, but this is the reason)

Lets say you are street racing, and somehow the cops start looking for you...... They COULD start jumping around to different forums to see if they could find a post that would match up to the guy they are looking for..... If the person has to GAIN access to a certain section by posting, it will discourage them to do so......

We do this to protect your rights..... Wouldnt it be a shame if you got taken into jail because of a story you posted on our forums??

An investigator of some sort wouldnt mind signing up to be a member to possibly prosecute someone, but they would probably not want to have to start posting to get access to a certain thing......

And we are NOT saying that some people arent MATURE enough to view certain sections...... If you are an active member, you can have access to this section...... But if you are one of those people that likes to lurk around <which is fine>, all VALUABLE information is still open...

And its not even a big deal...... maybe 10-20 posts max...... That doesnt take much time at all to accumulate those posts.......

And the reason we made this section is because people like to post these things, and the lounge would be cluttered with all these threads..... Believe me, on GMF there was a 15-20 page thread on kill stories..... so why not make it into its own forum??

Personally, I wouldnt mind seeing all the forums be open to every member, but we set this up for your own benefit......

If you want to post a kill story, post it in the lounge, and then we can move it to the kill section when you are able to view it

:)

·
Registered
2001 BMW M5 - Alpine White
226 Posts
I do like to read some of the kill stories and I apologize if I was too confrontational about the previous reply.

I would like to read the posts though.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Ill have to check to see how many posts you need..... but it shouldnt take you too long!! :)

Really, the kill section isnt that great.... We have gotten in BIG arguments in there!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I personally see no point in limiting access to that area. You can easily see what has happened to the area since Sal put the limitations in affect. Nobody uses the area.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I could rant about it too (and I think that it should be open to everyone), but it isnt my call, so I am at least trying to say why he did it......

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
There are warranty issues that pop up from time to time when it comes to drag-racing your car. If I'm your dealer and I watch you on this forum posting about how you race around and red-line all over the place - when you come in to my facility with a blown motor and broken tranny, things can get sticky.

It's probably against the constitution but if you don't have enough money to pay your lawyers to go to trial, you'll have problems. And I, as the owner of this forum, who if it weren't for me and my website - you'd never have had the issue..

I don't have a lot of time to explain it the way it should be explained. And even if I did, it's not easy enough to explain by typing it out here online...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
There are warranty issues that pop up from time to time when it comes to drag-racing your car. If I'm your dealer and I watch you on this forum posting about how you race around and red-line all over the place - when you come in to my facility with a blown motor and broken tranny, things can get sticky.
I hope this is paranoia and not reality.

I could never imagine a BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, or Infiniti dealer complain one of their customers was operating one of its vehicles near the engine's redline. A litigious American manufacturer might well be of a different orientation. This should put to rest any illusion about Cadillac being a luxury performance automobile. Why I'll never own domestic again.

When OBDIII is standard, expect to be busted by your dealer as all of this will be stored. In fact, it already is on some GM sutomobiles.

Brian

1995 Q45 & Q45t

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
It doesn't really matter which dealer or which company you buy your car from. If they can get out of something, they'll try whatever they can. And in most cases, unless you can afford the attorney fees, you'll lose the battle...

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Brian..... HEY, welcome aboard!!! I was wondering when someone from NICO would come and visit my territory!!!

I looked at my email and it said "maxnix has replied", and I was like WHAT :confused: , and then lo and behold it is you :)

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
its not every day you see an infiniti guy come to a cadillac forum!!!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
At least spell it right!!

I like the G35, and I think i am going to try and find some G35 wheels for my Q.....

·
Registered
989 Posts
lol, I spelled infiniti with an "i" first, then thought it was wrong so changed it. But yeah, the new G35 SPORT COUPEs OWN!!! I'd take one of those or a 350z any day. My friend and I, in his '90 5.0 mustang, once raced a new 350z. We had him off the line on the turn off the freeway, then came to another stoplight. it turned green, we hit it and had him off the line, because the stang is an auto, and he churped into second and was GONE. It was so hardcore.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts