Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
None :(
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight, im comming out of the neighborhood, theres this sandy spot so i put traction control off... sport mode on and right when theres a nice clearing I floor it and both the rear wheels just spin, I launch with them spinning and the tail wants to whip out when I let off.

Although technically, I just lost traction; I believe it is possible to burn out in the Catera... you just have to try. :tongue2:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Powerbraking also works good too.

·
Registered
222 Posts
this summer you can expect a video from me of a nice, smokey catera burnout :-D
I promise, i'll get you a GOOD burnout video....with LOTS of smoke.....

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Speedingpenguin said:
this summer you can expect a video from me of a nice, smokey catera burnout :-D
I promise, i'll get you a GOOD burnout video....with LOTS of smoke.....

THANKYOU ive been waiting for someone with enough guts to do it, i know the car can do it too... i just dont want to ruin my expensive Pirelli tyres that came with the car! LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all well I have done a bunch of burn outs since i got the really bad Dunlop tires and i want to change them. And yes the catera is very capable of doing donuts, of the start burn outs and all kinds of other ways to kill the tires :p i will try to get my video of a donut that i did where you cant see the back tire because of smoke i'll post when i have it on the net

·
Registered
222 Posts
just a few more months and i'll have a video of the nicest burnout. lol
It shall be fun, oh yes...it shall be fun. haahha

·
Registered
53 Posts
I know this is old but does anyone know what kind of rear end is in these things?

the stock rear end gear also would be nice.

I had mine 2 days and did a burnout, not a big one just to see if it could.

The guy up top said he spun BOTH tires, does these have posi-Traction I thought they where limited slip?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mytmous said:
I know this is old but does anyone know what kind of rear end is in these things?

the stock rear end gear also would be nice.

I had mine 2 days and did a burnout, not a big one just to see if it could.

The guy up top said he spun BOTH tires, does these have posi-Traction I thought they where limited slip?
The sport models have limited slip... and I just realized that it was a mistake in that post of mine... didnt spin both wheels, only the right one :canttalk: .

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did one big fat donut ( you have to see the smoke ) unfortunately I did not Video tape it. but after few moments the steering wheel was so heavy ... it felt like the car locked something. I turned the ignition off for 15 minutes, came back later and everything was working just fine!!! I've been driving the car for 2 weeks now with no problems! any idea? btw it is 1998 Catera

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Speed Sensitive Steering, it tightens up when you get higher speeds... you probably did atleast 50-60 mph spinning out.. lol.

It might have gotten confused or just didnt have time to loosen.

·
Registered
26 Posts
lol, I did not watch the speed needle, but the tires were spinning like crazy....so the Speed Sensitive Steering answers the question :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
My steering did the same thing except I think I burnt up the power steering pump cause even after the donut it still steered hard. I took it in under warranty still and they replaced the power steering pump and now it works fine.

·
Registered
435 Posts
holy crap.
that guys got some balls. i could never beat on my car that bad.
heres a pic from when i first got my catera and wanted to burn up the mis matched tires before i bought new ones.

·
Registered
98 Catera and 00 Catera, both non-sports
113 Posts
lol, hahahahahahah. in the video it looks like your tires are on fire or at least throughin sparks.... good stuff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts