Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha everyone

So i have been having a problem recently with my 2007 cadillac cts. It has about 60k miles on it, and has been running flawless since i got it at 42. It always has its regular maintenance done and had its transmission service(oil) done at 50k.

Recently, after my car has warmed up, everytime i switch my car to Drive, it like jumps/lunges forward hard and there is like a hard slam sound almost. I had the rear differential bushing replaced and it helped a little bit but its still leaping forward. It does NOT do this when the car is just turned on and i leave straight away. But after its been on/driving for 10 minutes then everytime it gets switched to drive it does that jump and sound. It does not do this when switching to P, N or Reverse. I feel like im noticing weird shifts too when in drive with the auto transmission but it might be a mental thing.

Just wondering if anyone had this problem before or would be willing to give their insights on what the problem could be.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Aloha everyone

So i have been having a problem recently with my 2007 cadillac cts. It has about 60k miles on it, and has been running flawless since i got it at 42. It always has its regular maintenance done and had its transmission service(oil) done at 50k.

Recently, after my car has warmed up, everytime i switch my car to Drive, it like jumps/lunges forward hard and there is like a hard slam sound almost. I had the rear differential bushing replaced and it helped a little bit but its still leaping forward. It does NOT do this when the car is just turned on and i leave straight away. But after its been on/driving for 10 minutes then everytime it gets switched to drive it does that jump and sound. It does not do this when switching to P, N or Reverse. I feel like im noticing weird shifts too when in drive with the auto transmission but it might be a mental thing.

Just wondering if anyone had this problem before or would be willing to give their insights on what the problem could be.
Could be the EVAP canister, could be full of fuel. Could be a purge or evaporator/vent valve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts