Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Bulb Numbers for Backup and License Plate Lights for 2004 DeVille

991 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  RON93 
#1 ·
Guys,

Does anyone know the bulb numbers for the Backup Lamps and License Plate Lamps for the 2004 DeVille? The owner's manual does not list these bulbs that I can find, and the FSM just tells you how to replace them but doesn't give the numbers. I'm thinking of replacing these bulbs with LEDs and I need to know which ones to buy.

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
jmf1964

The part about the bulbs being soldered in is a surprise, because I looked in the FSM and it says to remove the housing from the trunk lid, unplug the socket, and then remove the bulb. No mention of solder. Is there a chance that someone else did some work that resulted in their having to solder the bulbs in?

By the say, thanks for the part numbers of the bulbs.

#7 ·
RON93,

I found some of the #168 LED bulbs on eBay. When I get them and try to install them, I'll let you know how it worked out.
:cheers:: Please do and refresh me. It's been like 8 months since I did my led's and I remember doing something out of the ordinary installing those led's. I just don't remember what is was. NOW I REMEMBER! When you take out the original bulbs the replacement led's do not fit in the housing correctly therefor they did not make proper contact. You had to re route the two wires and wrap them onto the led bulbs or solder them on. I chose to wrap them. It is something to the effect I just described.

#8 ·
This is from another forum member that better describes it:

When the housing comes out, you won't have immediate access to the bulb. Instead you will see the base of the bulb sticking out. You will need to grab the base and twist, then you can pull it out. You will now be holding onto the attached base and bulb. On the previous LED swaps you've done, all you had to do was pull the bulb out of the socket base. This one will be slightly different. The contacts of the bulb are threaded through the side of the base. You will need to use a needlenose or other tool to unthread the wire contacts from the base. Then you can pull the bulb out like normal. When you stick the new LED bulb in, you will need to thread the wire contacts into the base yourself. This is about as technical as the whole project gets, so don't worry.

https://www.cadillacforums.com/foru...264176-2005-deville-license-plate-lights.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.