Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the ripped up drivers mount, common issue

didnt think it should cost 450 to fix the problem, so i fixed for free.
the bushing is one i had laying around, its an a-arm bushing and sleeve. welded junk to the top and bottom to fashioned it into same type of thing as the fancy ones made for the gto's and vette's

mounted to factory mount crap

installed

little bit more vibration, car feels better driving around in general and i THINK it may have improved the wheelhop??

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V
433 Posts
Ya know, I bet a small rubber washer to go between the plates and the bushings im sure would help with some of the vibrations. The mounts look good. Like something I have seen on a few custom rods. Very interested in how long it stays togeather... hopefully more then 3k miles ;)

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Another great design man. Can you post up the email address to get the files for your other designs again? I just found out that the Purdue machine shop here has a water jet that students (in engineering) can use for a GREAT price.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
You sir have inspired me. I think I will do the same. This will also make removal and install of the engine much easier having a single bolt to remove horizontally.

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
I like those and after seeing MM mod and watching the video, cannot see what those could not be adapted and if they sell them for that price 249.00, I will take a set. That seem worth it.

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
i sent them an email to find out. I will post a follow up if they respond.

·
Registered
cts-v
2,741 Posts
very good stuff, its always good to see if companies are willing to make stuff for us.

i tried to get axis wheels to make us wheels, lets see if they reply to my email.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
Very Nice!! always thinking outside the box....

does anyone have a CNC machine?? you could copy the PFADT design just adjust to specs of the V...

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
I am no expert, but everything I have been reading states that the C5 is a "shorter" design. Should be easy to adapt to our cars.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
Were can you get just poly bushing like that with nothing else?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts