Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150
79,967 Posts
Varies all over the map - depends on manufacturer, vehicle model, trim level, options, popularity, parts availability, shipping, etc., etc.. Ask the dealership of the vehicle in question.

If you're looking at Cadillac then Matt, at our Vendor Lockhart Cadillac, will give you a straight answer. Most CF members can reply on personal experience or current hearsay.

Some newer U.S. makes/models have 6 to 11 month wait times. I "built" a few cars back in the 60s and even those wait times were 7 to 12 weeks.

All the parts, powertrain, suspension, colors, options, upgrades have to be programmed to arrive at their exact spot in the plant and on the assembly line at precisely the correct time for that car for installation. It's nowhere near "mix & match".

· Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,953 Posts
Before Covid, the stock answer was 6-8 weeks to receive a ordered car.

In Feb 2021, just before CV started and things shutdown, I ordered a 2020 CT4V and I received
it in 5 weeks. Don't expect that now.

It's too varied now to expect a certain time period. Your dealers will see more examples of the
time frames.

· Registered
2019 XT4
10 Posts
I ordered a CT4 Jan.3 2022. My sales person said it would be 6 to 8 weeks. We are past the 8 week. She called me last week and said the factory is going to start making it and she is going to call me back with a vin # when they do. Hell that could be another 4 to 6 weeks. I tired of waiting.

Thank you for your replies.

· Registered
2 Posts
Ordered my CT4 January 24, 2022. Was told 2-3 months for delivery. Received a call today and was told car is built and was sent to a parking lot in Michigan to wait on parts. Was told today would be 1 to two more months at least till it will ship. Guess timing is everything, first time I ever ordered a car instead of buying off the lot. So now I'm driving a 2500 Silverado at 12 miles to the gallon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.