Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new NAVI unit came with the latest release last month. Everything works pretty much the same, EXCEPT, the bluetooth feature. Now when I answer an incoming call it doesn't interrupt/cut off the radio anymore. BUT when I place a call it works as it should and cutts off the radio. The problem gets worse because if you are listening to the radio loudly and a call comes in it locks the screen and functions to the red and green answer buttons. Still letting sound through but not letting you adjust the radio volume or switch over to the phone screen to make it a private call. Youre only option is to hang up on the person and call them back.:mad::rant2::mad::want: This happens every incoming call. I'll see what the dealer says. anyone with a late model 2007 or new 2008 have the same problem?

·
Registered
403 Posts
My new NAVI unit came with the latest release last month. Everything works pretty much the same, EXCEPT, the bluetooth feature. Now when I answer an incoming call it doesn't interrupt/cut off the radio anymore. BUT when I place a call it works as it should and cutts off the radio. The problem gets worse because if you are listening to the radio loudly and a call comes in it locks the screen and functions to the red and green answer buttons. Still letting sound through but not letting you adjust the radio volume or switch over to the phone screen to make it a private call. Youre only option is to hang up on the person and call them back.:mad::rant2::mad::want: This happens every incoming call. I'll see what the dealer says. anyone with a late model 2007 or new 2008 have the same problem?
Thats what i pm'ed you about re: the software fix that the dealer did for me. Believe it or not it was interfereing with my remote start. Once they updated the software my remote start worked fine and has ever since.

·
Registered
Cadillac STS V '06
129 Posts
I have the new software and I have yet to experience any problems.

FYI. you can copy the software with a multi layer burner. Maybe have your dealer burn you a new copy.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
819 Posts
I got the new software about a month ago and have not experienced your issue. There are very specific instructions for doing the software install. I wonder if they followed them to the letter....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts