Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 05 ext, I keep getting the buckle seatbelt chime. Are there sensors for the middle seats also? I have a car seat in the middle row and the seat belt isn't used, I wasn't sure which seat was having the issue since both front seatbelts were latched.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
The seat belt chimes are for the driver's seat only

The sdm(air bag module) can detect if both front seat belts are used but not the rear belts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so what would cause the chime to be going off while driving? i drove 20 miles the other day and it went off 5 times during the trip.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
When it does this is there a message in the info center??
The info center will show messages about key systems in the truck and if there is a malfunction(eg reduced engine power)
Messages such as reduced engine power, service stability along with engine or transmission overheat will cause the chimes to sound when they are displayed

Low oil pressure will also cause the chimes to sound(I know first hand on that one)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I startup It tells me tire pressure sensors malfunction (they are not on vehicle) and then service airbags (I just purchased new sensors for the front to fix after getting this diagnosed).

No other messages except the "buckle seatbelt" that just started coming up randomly. Where are the sensors located for the seatbelt?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
wishmasstir said:
When I startup It tells me tire pressure sensors malfunction (they are not on vehicle) and then service airbags (I just purchased new sensors for the front to fix after getting this diagnosed). No other messages except the "buckle seatbelt" that just started coming up randomly. Where are the sensors located for the seatbelt?

The sensor is built into the front driver's seat buckle
You could disconnect the harness to probe the leads with a multimeter to make sure that it completes the circuit when the belt is latched

If it does then the issue is elsewhere
If it doesn't then the buckle would need replacing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts