Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  57TBird 
#1 ·
Hello, does anyone out there know where I can find brushed-finish stainless steel door sill guards for the SRX?

I have seen a few different highly-polished stainless steel sill guards available, but that pretty much defeats the purpose as they would get scratched almost instantly...There is one other sill guard that I found on line that looks like a miniature BBQ grill... Yuk...

Thanks!
Rob

#4 ·
I bought the stainless door trim application as well as the trim for the bottom of the ground effects/running trim. The quality is good but I notice some small/hazing of the door trim pieces. They look good still but not as new. Maybe I am not cleaning them right but I always wash/wax the SRX. Overall I am happy with the pieces and it ties in well with the chrome roof rails. Just be careful installing them as I pulled lightly on one of the door trim pieces to re align it and I put a small crease in the piece as the 3M tape sticks like crazy...:suspense:

#5 ·
I got the E&G classic door sills for mine, through a local Atlanta distributor.
They come in two pieces per door, have a brushed finish, and use 3M stickon strips to install.

They look great and match the stainless side mouldings, but I haven't had them long enough to see how well they protect the sill and what they'll look like after a lot of wear and tear.

There's a Picture of the front passenger door plates installed on my cardomain site, below.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2103794

The E&G classics SRX product page, where i found them...

http://www.egclassic.com/otherproducts/products/srx_stainlessaccentkit.php

I also put on the E&G classics stainless side mouldings and 6-piece window trim, which you can also see on my cardomain site.

Mike McNamee

#7 ·
Nice photos on your cardomain site! What are your ideas, etc on a cold air kit? I have been following some of the input types, but no real performance or mileage data seems to be yet available. I have a 2005 V8 N* std except for towing package, love everything, but find that the intake system seems too small for this engine. Thanks again for your experiences to date.

#8 ·
I thought about making a custom intake box or modifying the stock one to take a conical filter, but I can't do anything that would void the warrantee (which leaves only the volant intake). If the volant intake can add 3+ HP (proven on a dyno) and 2+ MPG, I'll get one.

Has anyone checked out the power programmer for the SRX (link below)?

http://www.autoanything.com/products/product_gnn.aspx?p_id=1785&se=hypertech_power_programmer_iii&pc_id=6073#hypertech_power_programmer_iii_additional_info

If you had a cold air intake, less restrictive exhaust (magnaflows and high flow cats), and a programmer that would let you adjust your fuel trims and timing, you should be able to get a substantial HP gain.

I'm not sure if the Hypertech unit gives you control over anything but shift points/line pressure, RPM and speedo limits, Octane used, and when the fan turns on or off. I'd be interested in finding out what it actually does for an SRX.

#10 ·
Yes, there appear to be different part numbers for the North* vs the V6. I still would like to know exactly what PCM parameters it can adjust. If it can't affect timing or fuel, it's not worth $300. If you get one, please post your results. You may even want to start a new thread, as this discussion really doesn't belong under door sill guards.

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.