Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, maybe that title is a little deceiving. But how long before we'll actually see something like this?

With animation as good as this, what's stopping the movie industry from resurrecting the dead? Why not have a brand new Bruce Lee movie? How about John Wayne? A young Arnold Schwarzenegger? Clint Eastwood? Charles Bronson? A new Rocky movie without a grandfather fighting?

No longer do we have to wonder how long 'so and so' will remain alive to play great roles in movies......

Who knows what the potential can be? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
They could do it now, I'll bet.

There have been any number of bad science fiction movies based on this idea. We're really close to seeing IP lawsuits over this kind of thing.

·
Registered
1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
3,338 Posts
Not just no, but NO!! There is no reason to ruin the classic movies we all love with CGI knock-offs of the characters. It was human talent, not screen effect, that made Rocky and Rambo such memorable characters. You'd have the look, but the personality just wouldn't be there.

D

·
0 Posts
It was human talent, not screen effect, that made Rocky and Rambo such memorable characters. You'd have the look, but the personality just wouldn't be there.
No, there was no talent, just a bunch of grunts through all those. Imagine them redone but with Stallone having talent!. They might be better and I am a Rocky fan.:cool2:

·
Registered
1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
3,338 Posts
Okay, maybe not much talent with Rambo, but it's the actor that gives the character life.

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS
787 Posts
No, there was no talent, just a bunch of grunts through all those. Imagine them redone but with Stallone having talent!. They might be better and I am a Rocky fan.:cool2:
I agree.

It was what the characters stood for, in my opinion, and their effort to accomplish the undoable that made them iconic. That and our age when we first experienced them.

I've yet to see a movie in the last five, hell I'll even say ten, years that has a lasting affect on me, personally, as some of those cheesy 80's/90's movies did.

Come on, "I'll be back," and "I'm your worst nightmare" are so goddamn cheesy but we all know them, and we all love them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts