Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have a 1986 cadillac fleetwood brougham with a vinyl top which is in good condition but i want to use dye and change the color. How can i do this? I know where to purchase the materials but I need advice/tips. Check out the pics. :bighead:

·
Registered
86 DeVille (RIP), 89 Brougham D'Elegance, 95 FWB
922 Posts
Well, i bought some dye from JC whitney once, but it was of poor quality, and ended up drying funny in some spots. So i suggest you don't use theirs.

Dying the vinyl a different color will work best if the new color is darker than the old color, obviously. If it isn't, it may take a few coats to completely change the color, and if that stuff cakes up on you, it looks nasty.

·
Registered
82 CDV, 89 Brougham, 88 Brougham d'Elegance, 79 CDV, 73 Fleetwood Eldorado
6 Posts
I know this topic has been dead for a couple years now but it still pops up on google so I've been looking high and low for a place to find vinyl tops for Cadillacs like mine since I need a new one also. I found ONE place that makes and sells them, here's their website: newstalgiaparts.com The top is only a $200 depending what grain you choose, it couple be a little less. They make tops in full, half and quarter roofs, also for more than just Cadillacs in case you know of someone else looking for a top for their...whatever. Cheers folks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts