Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys whats the easiest way to add some grumbble to my car with out putting on the V, Can i just take out my resnators, or add an X pipe, or what about just swap out the muffs, any input

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
joeyblaze said:
Ok guys whats the easiest way to add some grumbble to my car with out putting on the V, Can i just take out my resnators, or add an X pipe, or what about just swap out the muffs, any input
What engine do you have Joey?

Here are what X pipes look like.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
dkozloski said:
If you want some grumble, make your mother-in-law ride in back.
:histeric: :rofl: :histeric: :rofl: :alchi:

Wow... Anyways, yeah what Bob said, what engine do you have? If you have the 3.2 or the 2.8 (maybe?) you probably only have a single exhaust so a cross pipe wont work. I've also heard of people having major increases in resonance (more of an intense hum than a grumble in my experience) when removing the resonator or adding a cross pipe. My guess is different mufflers like the magnaflows would be your best bet, and they'd cost more than swapping to a V-exhaust. Then again the V-exhaust is mainly only recommended for the 3.6L.

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have the 3.6, and i thought it wasnt decided yet if the V helps/harms performace, and then findinging a v. Does any one have any part number for the magna flows, im guessing if i did that my E&G'S wont fit

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
joeyblaze said:
ttt

come on guys any part number, any answers on the EG tips?
Just replace the mufflers with some Magnaflows and leave everything else they way it is that will give you a nice sounds Pj had it like that previously. I have listed the part numbers many times for those mufflers do a search I am too busy to look them up.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
joeyblaze said:
i have the 3.6, and i thought it wasnt decided yet if the V helps/harms performace, and then findinging a v. Does any one have any part number for the magna flows, im guessing if i did that my E&G'S wont fit
Well, the stock OEM exhuast out the mufflers is 2". All you have to do is find the diameter of the Magnaflow muffler outlet from thier website. If its 2", it will fit.

We're not really sure about how the V does on the 3.6. We DO know that the V will perform alot better on the 3.6 then the 3.2. That's definite. I just can't see the V exhuast performing well. If a 2.5" exhuast was good, Borla, Corsa and B&B would have made theirs that size.

I'm pretty sure you can get Magnaflow mufflers with 2" outlets, which means the E&G tips will fit.

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm pretty sure you can get Magnaflow mufflers with 2" outlets, which means the E&G tips will fit.
but the E&G tips have that bend in them to match the bend in the exaust pipe? i doubt the magnaflows will have such a bend

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
AznPrydeRegalRyde said:
Well, the stock OEM exhuast out the mufflers is 2". All you have to do is find the diameter of the Magnaflow muffler outlet from thier website. If its 2", it will fit.

We're not really sure about how the V does on the 3.6. We DO know that the V will perform alot better on the 3.6 then the 3.2. That's definite. I just can't see the V exhuast performing well. If a 2.5" exhuast was good, Borla, Corsa and B&B would have made theirs that size.

I agree with you 100% and I have been preaching it it has been proven you actually gain about 4hp from putting the V exhaust on but I think if you look at the dyno number people have gotten you actually loose more than 10 pounds of torque which is the reason I think none of the exhaust companies chose to go with 2.5.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
RobertCTS said:
This may be true but at this time it's just a swag, as I don't think anyone has done a before and after dyno with a V exhaust on a 3.6.:yup:
I think it is more than a swag we have people in the forum that pushed 190 pounds of torque with the V exhaust which is far less than stock torque that was 42 pounds than what I am pushing and headers dont give you 42 pounds of torque they only gave me like 30 more so it shows that you loose about 12 pounds of torque using the V exhaust which has always been common sense to me which is the reason none of the exhaust companies use 2.5" on the 3.6L

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
SdMarineGuy said:
I think it is more than a swag we have people in the forum that pushed 190 pounds of torque with the V exhaust which is far less than stock torque that was 42 pounds than what I am pushing and headers dont give you 42 pounds of torque they only gave me like 30 more so it shows that you loose about 12 pounds of torque using the V exhaust which has always been common sense to me which is the reason none of the exhaust companies use 2.5" on the 3.6L
yOU'RE PROBABLY RIGHT mARINE BUT i WAS JUST POINTING OUT A CONCLUSIVE TEST HAS NOT BEEN MADE.

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:thepan: stop hijackng my thread:want: :bomb: :gun2: :hammer: :dammit: :gun: :bang2: :gungrin: :brutal:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts