Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was on my way to work this morning... I was about a block away from my house when all of all sudden I switched lanes to go around this slow ass driven when I hit a pot hole and broke my rim...worst day of my life...Ever since I put the damn 20's on my CTS I have had nothing but problems 2 flat tires now this ...Any way I just thought I would share my pain..:mad:

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts
2 flats? How are the tires leaking? I had a problem before with my Catera. The rims did not give a good bead for the tires to seal on. This was corrected by the mechanic putting some pink sloppy sealant stuff around the rim before putting the tire on. I'm assuming you have either a 30 or 35 size wall on your tire. These tires are hard to install since there's not much rubber to work with. Make sure you're going to a good shop that knows how to deal with the low profile tires.

·
Registered
03 Caddy CTS
1,028 Posts
So I was on my way to work this morning... I was about a block away from my house when all of all sudden I switched lanes to go around this slow ass driven when I hit a pot hole and broke my rim...worst day of my life...Ever since I put the damn 20's on my CTS I have had nothing but problems 2 flat tires now this ...Any way I just thought I would share my pain..:mad:
Roberto.... where are u?????:confused:

·
Registered
Cadillac
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tires were not leaking once a had a a cut on the side so I had to replace it cause they couldnt fix it the second time The tire just blew out.

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts
The tires were not leaking once a had a a cut on the side so I had to replace it cause they couldnt fix it the second time The tire just blew out.
If the tire just blew out it could have happen for one of several reasons. Did it blow out like explode or did it "rub off?" I had a tire come off the bead on my catera when I was on the hwy going about 80mph. Here's a couple of pics to show you what happened to it. When I went to get the tire replaced the guy at the shop showed me where the bead on the rim was worn down to nothing and that's what caused the tire to slip. If this is what happened to you, you need a new rim ASAP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts