Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess somewhere somehow something will break. For me it is the rear door/hatch strut. I thought this would be beefier and last long because of the aluminum lightweight door material but I guess not. It hit two members of the family in the noggin because it raises up then drops down. Just called the dealer and they have the part in stock? 2015 escalade? I guess it is a common issue.

·
Registered
15i Granite/Kona (bought back)/ '16 Granite/Kona
314 Posts
I would imagine that strut is a carryover from past generations. It is a pretty common supplier part with many applications.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tyresmoker said:
I would imagine that strut is a carryover from past generations. It is a pretty common supplier part with many applications.
I had the previous generation escalade hybrid and the strut is different. The new one is bulkier, beefier yet made of plastic material.

·
Registered
escalade
18 Posts
Happened to me in February, car two weeks old. It jammed opened in -20F, dealer did not have and not possible to ship by air, compressed gas. Used a stick that I had to fabricate for a week and had to
remove strut to close. :)

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still waiting for the part. The way it's breaking, they should stock more parts available or redesign it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts