Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V M6 and 2013 ATS 3.6L Premium
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we bought our ATS used the down gear select was missing. I bought a new one but was wondering if anyone could tell me if they just click in from the outside or if you need to remove the center cover w/airbag to access a bolt?

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
um....since the car has only been on the market for three years it should still be under its 4 year 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty unless you bought it with more miles than that why not just have it fixed under warranty?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
um....since the car has only been on the market for three years it should still be under its 4 year 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty unless you bought it with more miles than that why not just have it fixed under warranty?
Yeah it's still under warranty. We are actually going to take it in next week for some other things but thought if it were straight forward I'd do it myself. They didn't leave us with the broken piece or anything so I didn't know if the dealer would warranty it.

·
Registered
ATS_V _vector Blue Sedan
329 Posts
the air bag has to be removed and the steering wheel removed as well. then the shroud has to be taken apart. at that time you will be able to access the screw holding the paddle in place. as the above said its under warranty see about them fixing first.

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T AWD
340 Posts
^^^ what he said. Easy to do though, you need something pointy to pop the air bag off, a T45 (i think thats the size) bit to get the wheel off and tthen a plastic flat bladed tool to pop the 'trim' off the steering wheel, then it gets screwed in from the inside.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'll see if the dealer will do it under warranty and if not take care of it. I just replaced my suede steering wheel in my V, they seem to come off easy.

12,778 Posts
Thanks, I'll see if the dealer will do it under warranty and if not take care of it. I just replaced my suede steering wheel in my V, they seem to come off easy.
Hello swift996,

Please let me know if you need assistance with bringing your concerns to the dealership's attention. I would be happy to provide an additional layer of support while you're working with them. Either way, please keep us all updated.

Katie O.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 7 of 7 Posts