Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 CTS.

Can you just purchase the broken mirror for the right outside? The shell (painted part) & the motor is fine. I just need to know if you can purchase the (mirror) part that attaches (plugs in) to the motor?

Thanks

Rock

·
Registered
2006 CTS sport model/package
1,058 Posts
ROCKnROLL said:
2003 CTS.

Can you just purchase the broken mirror for the right outside? The shell (painted part) & the motor is fine. I just need to know if you can purchase the (mirror) part that attaches (plugs in) to the motor?

Thanks

Rock
Go get one at a wrecking yard.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,815 Posts
Using the search words... "cadillac cts mirror" on eBay. There were quite a few hits, here is one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mirror-Glass-03-07-CADILLAC-CTS-Passenger-Right-Side-RH-/370589735937?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make:Cadillac|Model:CTS&hash=item5648de9c01&vxp=mtr

You just have to figure out if you have the blue tint or not. I believe that the blue tint means it's heated, as mine have the blue tint and are heated. The heater comes on with the back windshield's defroster.

I have removed my mirror with the plastic backing, as illustrated in the eBay auction above. So it's very easy, although I didn't remove the glass from the plastic backing. So I don't know how that would be.

KOT

·
Registered
2003 CTS
5 Posts
I have the mirror attached to the backing plate, but I do not know how to attach that assembly to the motor/gimble. There does not appear to be a ball and socket OR a hub type attachment for the backing plate to the motor gimble. I suppose it is possible that I am missing something, but I do not know where I could find an illustration that might help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts