Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Cadillac Seville STS
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I was cleaning all the ground wires and came upon 1 where there was 2 grounds, BUT 1 of the 2 were cut/snapped off and I cannot locate where it went to.
4.6L northstar in a 97 seville sts. If you take off the engine cover (the big grey one) at the top left there is a 6-10 inch long ground. Probably 8 gauge or so wire. Under it there is a 16 gauge ground wire but this one is clipped. Cannot find the other portion. If anyone knows where this connects to that would be so awsome. I can snap a photo of where it is located if that will help out to determine where it is supposed to lead. Thanks all hopefully I can get an awnser soon Ive got it all taken apart and need to go to work later tonight. Thanks again all MIKE

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,547 Posts
That sounds like the ground from the old fuel rail. When the mechanic did the recall and swapped it with the stainless steel fuel rail, he just cut the wire (it's quicker). A picture would help, but I'd bet that's what it is. Found the same thing on my '97. It's up near the P/S pump if I recall correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts