Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadilac Deville Base, 90,000 mile
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke the grill tabs which mount the grill to the surround on my 2004 Deville. Is there an easy decent fix to this? Maybe like 3 small bolts wouldn't look that bad.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
6,965 Posts
I don't know of an easy fix, but let's see who else chimes in. Replacement grills aren't that hard to find- eBay, etc. If I could make a gentle suggestion, update your profile to include whether your DeVille is base, DHS, or DTS. That will make it easier for long timers here to answer such questions.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
6,965 Posts
love JB Weld and use it frequently. Downsides to it: even if you grind, file, or sand it, it's not attractive. Also, it handles some pressures better than others. Re-attaching a tab would be a lot of horizontal stress to put on a small JB Weld seam. eBay.

·
Registered
2004 Cadilac Deville Base, 90,000 mile
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have seen them. They are nice and I've struggled with the decision to buy one. It just bothers me a little, that the surround is chrome, even though my surround is chipped a little.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
21,821 Posts
I have seen them. They are nice and I've struggled with the decision to buy one. It just bothers me a little, that the surround is chrome, even though my surround is chipped a little.
======================
It just bothers me a little, that the surround is chrome
I agree 100% -
I don't mind the mesh grill -
but I hate the chrome "wings" -

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.