Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadilac Deville Base, 90,000 mile
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke the grill tabs which mount the grill to the surround on my 2004 Deville. Is there an easy decent fix to this? Maybe like 3 small bolts wouldn't look that bad.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,799 Posts
I don't know of an easy fix, but let's see who else chimes in. Replacement grills aren't that hard to find- eBay, etc. If I could make a gentle suggestion, update your profile to include whether your DeVille is base, DHS, or DTS. That will make it easier for long timers here to answer such questions.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,799 Posts
love JB Weld and use it frequently. Downsides to it: even if you grind, file, or sand it, it's not attractive. Also, it handles some pressures better than others. Re-attaching a tab would be a lot of horizontal stress to put on a small JB Weld seam. eBay.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
I was assuming being that it was a mounting tab, it was not in a visible spot (unless of coarse the hood is open).

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,686 Posts
Hot glue gun worked for repairing a couple of broken grill tabs on my 02.

·
Registered
2004 Cadilac Deville Base, 90,000 mile
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have seen them. They are nice and I've struggled with the decision to buy one. It just bothers me a little, that the surround is chrome, even though my surround is chipped a little.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,799 Posts
don't settle for something you don't like. there are plenty of parts out there. be patient. check eBay regularly, and don't overlook the Men's Mall.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,268 Posts
I have seen them. They are nice and I've struggled with the decision to buy one. It just bothers me a little, that the surround is chrome, even though my surround is chipped a little.
======================
It just bothers me a little, that the surround is chrome
I agree 100% -
I don't mind the mesh grill -
but I hate the chrome "wings" -

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you have all the pieces use MEK to weld them back together. The grills are chrome plated ABS and MEK dissolves ABS pretty well. Make sure your brackets are tight and not bent.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,799 Posts
If you have all the pieces use MEK to weld them back together. The grills are chrome plated ABS and MEK dissolves ABS pretty well. Make sure your brackets are tight and not bent.
good call. Hadn't thought about MEK for that use. OTOH, MEK also dissolves skin pretty well, so protective gear advised.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts