Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Eldorado Doral, 95 Deville w/4.9 (traded)
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke the hose that goes from the egr valve to the map sensor I have looked everywhere and cannot find it. Is there a specific name for it? Or where can i buy it i appreciate the help.

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,691 Posts
I broke the hose that goes from the egr valve to the map sensor I have looked everywhere and cannot find it. Is there a specific name for it? Or where can i buy it i appreciate the help.
What engine do you have the 4.9 or the 4.6 N*?

·
Registered
2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT
5,607 Posts
The MAP sensor and EGR are not connected. The MAP sensor sources it's vacuum right from the throttle body. The EGR is a two part system. The solenoid receives vacuum from the TB and the EGR valve receives vacuum from the said solenoid.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
72,703 Posts
Any of those plastic pipes with rubber connectors can be replaced with vacuum tubing of the proper size from a NAPA store or the Help! racks at large parts chains. On the Help! racks you will also find vacuum T's, Y's X's and small dual and triple manifolds.

·
Registered
1999 Eldorado Doral, 95 Deville w/4.9 (traded)
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you guys for all the help :) I was trying to clean the egr valve when the hose snapped at the joint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts