Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping it wouldn't happen
While I was removing the dash panel around the sun sensor/defrost vents I noticed a small crack

Well I figured it wouldn't be a problem so I set in working
As I started to pop the panel out I heard a god awful crack(I thought oh $hit)
The panel ended up breaking in half

The sun sensor was working just had a bad connection(due to corrosion) on the twilight sensor

what will a replacement panel cost???

I feel bad it broke :(

·
Registered
03 Cts Sport Luxury
117 Posts
If it were me, I would superglue it back together and then melt the plastic on the backside together with a soldering iron. For added strength, cut apart some stranded wire and lay the strands over the plastic as you melt it. I've fixed many plastic parts like that. Other than that, try craigslist for people parting them out

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did glue it back together but it's got another crack in a different place
I am surprised it held together afterwards

Now it's back in the car and looks ok but you can see where the glue seam is and the other crack

Downside is it was right where the sun load/twilight sensor is at

I hope I don't need to mess with it for a very long time

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,653 Posts
Check with gmpartsdirect.com, gmpartsgiant.com or similar online GM parts sites and you'll pay the same price the dealer pays for OEM parts (about 40% off MSRP.)

CC

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ccclarke said:
Check with gmpartsdirect.com, gmpartsgiant.com or similar online GM parts sites and you'll pay the same price the dealer pays for OEM parts (about 40% off MSRP.) CC
Happen to know the part number or would I need to ask the service manager at my local dealer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts