Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V Black Raven w/Ebony
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I was doing some simple maintenance last night, changing fluids (thanks C66), wipers, etc. I tried to open the stock airbox, and to clean the filter, or perhaps replace with a K&N drop-in. I ran into trouble while trying to remove one of the cover bolts. It would jus spin and spin but would not come out. Therefore, I decided to remove the entire box, so I could get at the bottom of the bolt, and try to put some upward pressure on it as it turned. Unfortunately, during this process, I put a little to much torque on the plastic intake tube that connects to the rubber intake boot and feeds air to the box. I know there is not much to gain from aftermarket CAIKs on the V, but knowing how much I will pay for an OEM box, I figure I might as well. The options seem to be very limited for LS2 Vs. It seems K&N makes the only true bolt-on that includes the crank case vent fitting on the intake tube. I know others have modified the Volant tube to accept the fitting, or I could go with just the LPE box with the stock intake tube. I don't see anything about the K&N CAIK in the FAQ sticky. I am looking for advice on which direction to go at this point. Here are the options I am considering, but I am open to other suggestions. Thanks in advance for your support.
  • Stock airbox
  • K&N CAIK
  • LPE airbox
  • Modified Volant CAIK

·
Registered
2006 Infrared CTS-V
303 Posts
Volant made one for the 06-07 LS2. I have one in the box in my garage somewhere. It has the fitting on the tube.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk
785 Posts
You could always post in the "Parts wanted" sticky thread and see if anyone has an OEM airbox that they would be willing to part with. People usually let stock parts go pretty cheap when they are just sitting around collecting dust.

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
stock airbox here, trimmed bottom for extra airflow and K&N included. 40 shipped

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
i would be shipping from Phoenix, box is ready to go. I have tube too, if needed
works excellent.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V Black Raven w/Ebony
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Volant made one for the 06-07 LS2. I have one in the box in my garage somewhere. It has the fitting on the tube.
Interesting... I contacted Volant today, and the guy I spoke to claims they never made a version with the crank case vent. I realize not everyone at Volant will know the full history of every part they have produced. Although, I have searched for an LS2 version extensively, with no success. I will be eternally grateful to anyone that can provide a link to one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts