Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to replace my brake pads for all 4 points for my ATS 2013 Luxury, and found out that Brembo produce P09004N pads that looks like a good substitution for genuine GM ones (p/n: 22791925), especially for the price of ~45$ (compare to ~205$ OEM).
Does anybody tried this pads for the front axle, any reviews?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought a set from my local auto supply store. Fit great and they were the right price. The only problem is now my front chrome wheels are constantly covered in brake dust. I'm almost tempted to replace them with the GM parts. The rear pads were only available from the dealership. No brake dust.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That exactly what I thought, they will produce some dust. I have the same chrome wheels (R18), and original pads are very easy on a dust.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Although it is a bigger Brembo brake setup, do some searching on the Corvette C7 forum where there are a lot of comparisons of different pads and dust and this may help you to choose the best combination of pad performance versus noise versus dust for your driving preferences.

Don't underestimate brake dust when looking at pads because they can create a major pain in keeping a car clean. The stock pads on my Z06 create a lot of dust and the wheels have a multitude of angled surfaces; the dust issue is bad enough that I really hate to hit the brakes after cleaning the wheels. When I switch out the OEM pads, I will look closely at dust as part of the decision. Every time I think I have the wheels clean, looking from a different angle will reveal dust spots that were missed. It wipes off easily if you keep the wheels clean but it is tedious and over time brake dust will damage the wheel finish.

Rodger

·
Super Moderator 2005 CTS-V
7,698 Posts
I am about to replace my brake pads for all 4 points for my ATS 2013 Luxury, and found out that Brembo produce P09004N pads that looks like a good substitution for genuine GM ones (p/n: 22791925), especially for the price of ~45$ (compare to ~205$ OEM).
For what it's worth, rockauto.com has the 22791925 (ACDelco 171-1107) pads for $147.79, so don't feel obligated to pay your dealer's inflated price. Actually, it'll end up being about $140, as you can find 5% off discount codes for Rock Auto on this forum or elsewhere on the internet. Note that 22791925 is the JE2 "performance brake lining" pad compound. There's also the non-JE2 pad, ACDelco 171-1165 (GM 22866931 or 23145627) for only $111.79 ($106.20 after discount).

And of course there are a number of pad options from other brands.

The rear pads were only available from the dealership.
There are plenty of rear pad options on the market. Even if you insist on running the OEM pads, you can get those from rockauto.com or Ebay or Amazon or whatever. ACDelco 171-1114 is the non-JE2 pad, and 171-1113 is the JE2 compound.

Hopefully. I bought the AC Delco pads for the rears and they're a dusty mess.
Which "the AC Delco pads" did you get? 171-1113? 171-1114? Or perhaps the non-OEM ACDelco pads, 17D1659MH (professional grade semi-metallic) or 17D1659CH (professional grade ceramic)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the front, i think, i will stay with genuine OEM pads. What i could see that 2013 ATS Luxury should be paired with pads with serial number: 22791925. But i don`t know is it the right one. This number i found on diagram from genuine parts supplier, but there is a lot other different numbers, that seems to be also suitable for the vehicle.

Does anybody happens know which serial number was originally used from the factory for 2013 models?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AAIIIC,
My bad just saw you post! Your listing is perfect, thank you for help!
My case is GM 22866931 or 23145627 since i don`t have any performance brake lining listed in the options of initial window sticker.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Anyone looking for premium pads that produce no annoying dust should look a Akebono pads:
Brembo front pads - Akebono ASP1001 - $60.79 at Rock Auto as of the first of the year.
Cadillac rear pads - Akebono ACT1659 - $45.79 also at Rock Auto as of last January.

Akebono is only one of two performance pad manufacturers that I know of that require no bedding in.

I have them on my Mercedes and they are absolutely dust free. They are definitely going on my 2015 coupe when it's time for new pads.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Which "the AC Delco pads" did you get? 171-1113? 171-1114? Or perhaps the non-OEM ACDelco pads, 17D1659MH (professional grade semi-metallic) or 17D1659CH (professional grade ceramic)?
I used the 171-1113 pads. Next time I'll try the 171-1114 unless some of the other suggestions in this thread look like better options.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Anyone looking for premium pads that produce no annoying dust should look a Akebono pads:
Brembo front pads - Akebono ASP1001 - $60.79 at Rock Auto as of the first of the year.
Cadillac rear pads - Akebono ACT1659 - $45.79 also at Rock Auto as of last January.

Akebono is only one of two performance pad manufacturers that I know of that require no bedding in.

I have them on my Mercedes and they are absolutely dust free. They are definitely going on my 2015 coupe when it's time for new pads.
They are ceramic that is why they are dust free.
I prefer the OE for semi metallic pads, and yes they have brake dust.
Also the metallic will perform better and cool down faster than ceramic.
High performance for semi metallic. And no I will never use full metallic pads.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Also, rotors last WAY longer with non-ceramic pads (which are more expensive and harder to change out than pads). Well, unless you have carbon ceramic rotors, I guess.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Also, rotors last WAY longer with non-ceramic pads (which are more expensive and harder to change out than pads). Well, unless you have carbon ceramic rotors, I guess.
Right on both counts but I don't abuse my brakes so heat dissipation is not a concern and I don't put enough miles on any of my cars that wearing out rotors is a concern as well. I'm happy with ceramic pads. They perform well and having no brake dust to contend with is wonderful. Where I live, there's really no traffic-free open roads to safely do proper bedding in procedures which was one of the motivating factors for going with the Akebonos.

·
Super Moderator 2005 CTS-V
7,698 Posts
Did you mean to say rotors last WAY longer with non-metallic pads? Typical ceramic pads are definitely less aggressive (less noisy, less dusty) and more rotor friendly than semi-metallic pads. That's why the average family sedan or minivan or commuter-mobile comes with ceramic pads, while performance cars come with semi-metallic pads.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Rotors seem to be the least people worry about.
I use OE Rotor and OE semi metallic pads and there is no dust or noise.

There is also Advantage, Durastop. I would not use with a semi metallic pad.
Do the research and use the right rotor with the pad.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Rotors seem to be the least people worry about.
I use OE Rotor and OE semi metallic pads and there is no dust or noise.

There is also Advantage, Durastop. I would not use with a semi metallic pad.
Do the research and use the right rotor with the pad.
For a fact, after 50 years of doing brake repair on my cars, I go back to the factory pad every time now. If I like the way it brakes from the factory, then I will like how the replacements brake. Brake dust should not come into the discussion. You will have brake dust regardless. Get the car washed more often if it hurts your feelings. If someone can give me a way to effectively and accurately evaluate aftermarket pads I am interested.Until then, the factory works well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anybody tried this pads for the front axle, any reviews?
Guys, if you have serious messy brake dust then the only real fix is ceramic pads - no dust! They aren't usually used as OEM because for normal driving they actually take a little more brake pedal force to stop. But this is hardly noticeable. Ceramics were developed for hot, high speed use. I bought a front set for my 2011 CTS for 60 bucks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know what rotors to use? My car came with the slotted rotors but i cant seem find the oem parts anywhere since they were discontinued.. I have a 2016 ats with non performance brake lining and brembos in front..

THANK YOU

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
11 Participants
Rama1021