Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys. I'm wanting to purchase a set of VMR V702 wheels. VMR doesn't want to drill to 5x115 until they have verification that the wheels will clear my Brembo calipers. I personally spoke to someone at VMR just now. The technician told me that I needed to submit a Brembo template to them before they would custom drill the wheels for me. I can't seem to find the info on Brembo.com. I have emailed Brembo in the meantime. I found racetechnologies.com, but they don't seem to have a template for the ATS. I was hoping someone here, with far more knowledge than myself; would be able to help me out. I honestly can't see why there should be a problem, since VMR is very popular with BMW...... Much appreciated. Jamie

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hmm seems to me they should just need some measurements, like distance from front of hub (wheel mating surface) to front of caliper face, etc. Wheel offset and spoke curvature would be the other factors. Good luck though, hope you get what you need.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Through some investigative research I have found out that there is no such template available. Apparently Cadillac owns the rights to the custom designed Brembo callipers. Danni from racetechnologies.com was nice enough to contact me (even though there is nothing in it for her) and explain everything to me. The Brembos for the ATS were custom designed for the ATS and Cadillac owns the specs, etc. So I explained this to Brandon at VMR and he is willing to custom drill the wheels for me. Much work, but seems to have paid off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So, I changed gears and decided to go with VMR 801's. The Brembo's have more clearance from the new wheels, than they did with the stock wheels. Two wheels have blemishes in the paint finish, I didn't take pictures. I'm not impressed with that, poor quality in my opinion. I didn't send them back or complain to Wheel Wiz because I didn't want to wait for months for new wheels. I also wasn't hopeful that the quality would be any better, the second time around. I applied two coats of Carpro Dlux to the wheels, front side and the barrels on the backside. I know everyone here will recommend that I lower the car next, and I agree that it would look much better. But, wintertime snow could be a problem. Members who drive their lowered cars in winter could chime in with their opinions...... I would love to lower it, if the car remains drivable during the winter. My OEM wheels will have my Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4's installed at a later date.

18" x 8.5"
5x115
ET35
70.3CB
tires are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S - 235/40/18

IMG_0531.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts