Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems that effective Monday you can get the Brembo's from the factory... both front and back red calipers. At least I think that is what this is saying

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have the brembo upgrade on my escalade. I'd recommend to order from a whole sale GM part supplier for 30 - 40% discount. The upgrade is a carry over kit from prior generation.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the brembo upgrade on my escalade. I'd recommend to order from a whole sale GM part supplier for 30 - 40% discount. The upgrade is a carry over kit from prior generation.
thx. Good advice. Wasn't sure if the kit included the red rear calipers (which I think are just normal calipers.. but red to match the front.) I have had big Brembo's on my last four SUVs and these are the strangest ones I have seen. They look small for 6 piston Brembos... and it is weird that they seem to use a GM rotor vs. the Brembo rotor. The magic of Brembo's are their pads+rotors (which wear fast, cost a fortune since you need to replace the rotors with the pads, plus the brake dust is uncontrollable. BUT... they are awesome and worth it. Curious how the GM setup would perform.

·
Registered
133 Posts
thx. Good advice. Wasn't sure if the kit included the red rear calipers (which I think are just normal calipers.. but red to match the front.) I have had big Brembo's on my last four SUVs and these are the strangest ones I have seen. They look small for 6 piston Brembos... and it is weird that they seem to use a GM rotor vs. the Brembo rotor. The magic of Brembo's are their pads+rotors (which wear fast, cost a fortune since you need to replace the rotors with the pads, plus the brake dust is uncontrollable. BUT... they are awesome and worth it. Curious how the GM setup would perform.
Another option is a front wilwood kit since its a carry over.. I had a F/R wilwood kit on my last escalade and its stopped night/day better than my 2021. There is a company out of Tennessee that is willing to fab a bracket for the rear wilwood kit to work w/ previous generation kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts