Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2014 XTS Luxury Ruby Red
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, My name is Tom, and I just brought home my first Cadillac!!!!
She is a New 2014 Crystal Red Tintcoat XTS Beauty, FWD Luxury with the big hole in the roof. I was Going to buy a 2014 Chevy SS sedan, but they wouldn't discount it much. I went down to the Caddy store ad they blew my socks off with a deal and I signed up on the spot.
WHAT A PLEASURE IT IS TO DRIVE!!!! Glad to be here.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium Black Diamond - 2011 CTS Luxury Black Raven
108 Posts
Welcome to the family. ....you'll find a lot of XTS lovers here......congrats

·
Registered
2013 XTS-4 Premium
185 Posts
I bet you'll love it! Great color!
Why can't Caddy use nicer colors - what happened to the 'old time' pastel shades, lighter green or blue metallic.
Only 8 colors now, including white, silver metallic and silver coast. Or black raven, black diamond and graphite. The sapphire blue is quite dark, and of course the red is available 'at extra cost'. You still see a few classic Caddy's in beautiful colors, and it really sets them off!
(rant over)

·
Registered
2014 XTS Luxury Ruby Red
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bet you'll love it! Great color!
Why can't Caddy use nicer colors - what happened to the 'old time' pastel shades, lighter green or blue metallic.
Only 8 colors now, including white, silver metallic and silver coast. Or black raven, black diamond and graphite. The sapphire blue is quite dark, and of course the red is available 'at extra cost'. You still see a few classic Caddy's in beautiful colors, and it really sets them off!
(rant over)
Funny story about the color...I went there looking for the saphire blue xts4 that they said they had in stock, as per their web site. Turned out that they sold it to a funeral home just before i got there, Red seemed like the best thing to do.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hell yea the red XTS is awesome looking. When I got my vsport, there were none in Memphis so I had the local Cadillac dealership here find me one. They gave me a luxury arctic blue XTS. In my opinion, it looks better in photos then in person. The only red I've seen in person was on the CTS, but that color is a real head turner.

----------

Need to edit. They gave me the arctic blue as a loaner.

·
Registered
2014 XTS-4 Vsport Premium
74 Posts
I'm new here too. Welcome Tom. I have the exact same color. Very classy color. I just got my ride two weeks ago as well. Enjoy your XTS.

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Premium
73 Posts
I'm jealous.... I would have bought a red one (I love red cars) but I was on the used market and, in the three
months I looked in the NYC area, not a single red one came on the market. Boo! LOL

Good luck with that pretty ride.

·
Registered
2014 XTS Luxury Ruby Red
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks folks, It's my retirement gift to myself. My dad bought a new red coupe deville(we still have it in storage) when he retired in 86. Looks like its a tradition now, a lot of pressure on my kids.

·
Registered
XTS 2014 Prem.
55 Posts
Must be something about the blue ones... I went to the dealer with my heart set on the blue with the camel interior, drove across town ready to buy, only to find that the car was in the repair shop as it had an accident on the lot. Went with another dealer for a graphite one, and not disappointed at all. Hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
2014 XTS Luxury Ruby Red
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Must be something about the blue ones... I went to the dealer with my heart set on the blue with the camel interior, drove across town ready to buy, only to find that the car was in the repair shop as it had an accident on the lot. Went with another dealer for a graphite one, and not disappointed at all. Hope you enjoy it!
I'm enjoying it a lot, I like being behind the wheel more than sitting in my livingroom.

·
Registered
2015 XTS Premium,Radiant Silver
11 Posts
This is my first Cadillac ever. it's a 2015 Radiant Silver XTS Premium.I've had Lincolns for over 30 years.Then Leased a BMW,then Mercedes ,then a Lexus,Then back to 2010 Lincoln MKS,and a 2013 Lincoln MKS 2yr lease!
I wanted something different so it was between the new 2015 Mercedes C300,or Cadillac XTS Premium.Cadillac won partly because when I got the wife in the C300,all she said was "I don't like the circles in the dash".When we looked at the XTS she loved the configurable dash gauges!So XTS it is!
Then the dance began.I wanted to lease a 2014,but all 3 dealers by me said no lease on 2014! So had to lease a 2015! I just love it!
It's close to the Lincoln MKS in size,Trunk space,Engine size,and the CUE system is close to the Lincoln My Touch,only I think the CUE is better!Oh,well enough for now.
Chuck,
in Arizona

1 - 16 of 16 Posts