Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went by my local dealer today who had ONE 2008 fully loaded diamond white EXT with 22's, Nav and DVD in his showroom. Sticker was 68k and he gave me the family price of 48k. I am coming off a 2007 lease and wanted to get into a 2009 ESV but even with all my loyalty rebates and service delivery pricing I am at 68K for the 09. The 2008 EXT at 48K sounds like a very good deal huh? And GM will finance at .09%. Heck the 07 I have has a lease buy out of 43k with 32k miles. So two questions has anyone gone from the ESV to an EXT and been disappointed? Second what do you think of the price----48k for a brand new (2 miles) fully loaded EXT? Best of all sales tax in my state is a flat $300.

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac EXT
22 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. I just bought an '09 fully loaded ext for $58k with 0.0% financing. They also had an '08 which they were offering $20k off but I decided to go with the '09.

·
Registered
Cadillac
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a good deal. I just bought an '09 fully loaded ext for $58k with 0.0% financing. They also had an '08 which they were offering $20k off but I decided to go with the '09.
How did you get them to 58K? That's where I want to be on the 09? Can you please tell me where you got it? I will call tomorrow and place an order. By fully loaded I am talking talking luxury package, sunroof, 22's, retractable running boards rear DVD. Actually, no options available and diamond white is an extra $1200 I think.

Do you mind me asking what sticker was on your outstanding purchase?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac EXT
22 Posts
Mine is Diamond white. I have the lux pkg. 22's , dvd player. The only thing I don't have is the motorized side steps. I am in Nashville. This was the only '09 they had and it had been sitting there for quite some time. They first came down to 61k but I walked. We went back and forth a few days and they came to the $58k price. It helps that I had bought quite a few cars from a couple of their sister dealerships here in town (Mercedes/Porsche). This is my first caddy. It also helps that my neighbor currently has 2 ext's and one esv he bought from them as well.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I was offered an 08' leftover for 55k, standard model, while looking at 09's, they have to give this deals to move the 08's, they are almost 2 model years old at this point, and with deprecation 55k might not be enough of a discount if you plan to only keep it a year or two. If you find a dealer with just 09's and no 08's you can get them to give about 10k off with all the offers, got my 09' down to 66k my cost of a almost 75k truck. 48k is a good price if you want an EXT, a lot different from an ESV, but that depends on what you use your truck for. :)

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
213 Posts
DLH, I think you did VERY well. I bought my brand new 08 EXT in Jan 2009. Fully loaded just like yours but Black. I got it for $48K and the sticker was $66K. I thought I got a STEAL. I had to nego for about 5 hours listening to the manager tell me "about their record sales, high demand truck and rare vehicle".

·
Registered
2008 Escalade Black Ultra Luxury AWD
24 Posts
If $48K made you happy thats good, thats what matters. However, that price is not great for an 08'! If you have not done that yet I would wait. First off Iwant to preface that I HATE dealers; PERIOD! With that said, when buing from them (which you should never, ever do) you need to know how they sell. In this case your Ultra Lux 08 EXT. Know thy colors. Any color aside from Black and White the dealers pay an extremely lower price. The dealers charge more sometimes and call it rare. So you got diamond tricoat. Beutifull by the way! You are buying a 2008...... On a dealers calender / and the BLACK book that car in AUG 2009 will be 2 years old. Your "brand new" EXT is going to turn two in 4 months? Its lost about 27% of its value BEFORE you drive it off. So assuming an MSRP of 66k it is worth a retail of $48,180. Before miles and any other "wear and tear". Let me look around Scottsdale AZ for you and see what Ican turn up. There is a dealership here that is offering 0.0% financing (735+) and 18k off MSRP. That is the best if you buy from a dealer here in AZ. They need to move the 08's. The 10's will be in in sept/oct this year. Then they will need to move the 09's. If you wait a little bit you will score an even better deal on a one year old car.
Even though you did not ask for change thats my 2 cents!!!
Good luck, I hope you can "beat the dealer f*&k's"

·
Registered
Cadillac
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If $48K made you happy thats good, thats what matters. However, that price is not great for an 08'! If you have not done that yet I would wait. First off Iwant to preface that I HATE dealers; PERIOD! With that said, when buing from them (which you should never, ever do) you need to know how they sell. In this case your Ultra Lux 08 EXT. Know thy colors. Any color aside from Black and White the dealers pay an extremely lower price. The dealers charge more sometimes and call it rare. So you got diamond tricoat. Beutifull by the way! You are buying a 2008...... On a dealers calender / and the BLACK book that car in AUG 2009 will be 2 years old. Your "brand new" EXT is going to turn two in 4 months? Its lost about 27% of its value BEFORE you drive it off. So assuming an MSRP of 66k it is worth a retail of $48,180. Before miles and any other "wear and tear". Let me look around Scottsdale AZ for you and see what Ican turn up. There is a dealership here that is offering 0.0% financing (735+) and 18k off MSRP. That is the best if you buy from a dealer here in AZ. They need to move the 08's. The 10's will be in in sept/oct this year. Then they will need to move the 09's. If you wait a little bit you will score an even better deal on a one year old car.
Even though you did not ask for change thats my 2 cents!!!
Good luck, I hope you can "beat the dealer f*&k's"
I have not done anything yet because first choice was an ESV. I wanted an 09 but could only get this same local dealer from 76k to 64k, which frankly I believe is pretty aggressive discounting because he is having to bring the truck in from another lot because his inventory is gone. So 64K for an 09 ESV brand new and fully loaded--and I mean fully! This from a dealer who my family has known all our lives and we trust. The dealer I leased my 07 from in VA would only go to 67k (white) and I pushed hard. And they must have had 100 lades on the lot. Granted everything I am considering is brand new with zero miles. Now having said all of this and learning today that our Government is insisting GM plan for bankruptcy I may lean away from GM altogether. However, I do believe Cadillac and Chevrolet will survive somewhere. I had considered a Denali ( I somewhat think it is the best looking SUV out there) but I think this family of products may be at risk. What the heck just bought a flawless 1989 Mercedes 560SEL with 80k miles for 5k cash. Maybe I just drive that for awhile and see what happens. After all she hit with ease 130mph last week on a long stretch of Carolina highway. OH SHOOT----what do I tow with? I need a truck!

·
Registered
Cadillac
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So again has anyone moved from the Escalade or ESV to the EXT and regretted it? It's getting harder and harder not to take this 08 EXT brand new and loaded at 48k. Just wished it was black versus white. But with the price, 100k warranty, 0 percent finance (thought zero percent was only for 09's and later) vehicle value protection AND loose your job and payments are made for 9 months it's hard not to punch the button. EXT or not? Anyone NOT happy with their EXT?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts