Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, just bought a 2000 SLS with 12500 miles on it. Everything seemed perfect until I got a CHECK COOLANT light the other day. The coolant level seems fine, but from doing some research her and on GMForums, it seems that this is a warning sign of head bolts pulling through the block, possibly causing a head gasket leak. Fortunately the car is still under factory warranty with an extended warranty after that. What else could it be, or is this generally what it is a sign of? How long of a job is this at the dealership, and while under factory warranty is a loaner provided? Thanks a bunch and hope to do a lot of reading here on the forums.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
I dont know the answers to the technical questions, but you should definitely get a free loaner. A Cadillac preferably

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
If it is in fact the head gasket, i would say a week minimum at the dealer..... You may get lucky, though........

·
Registered
SRX V8 AWD
14 Posts
Take it to a Cadillac Dealer, by this I mean a dealer that only sells and works on Caddys. You will get treated right- loaner is a no brainer,And these cars are all they work on, so they should solve your problem faster.
Killer Dob
02 SLS
98 STS :wave:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
You cant always say you will get "treated right"...... Look at some of the other posts, and you will find some quite contrary!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts