Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Brakes $$

2K views 25 replies 6 participants last post by  tinman 
#1 ·
How much for brakes on a cts v.. 2013

#6 ·
I was going through the same debate about two years ago and ended up buying the R1 performance rotors and brake pads. I know people have had great experience with them, but I have had the worst brake squeal since I installed them. I have removed the brakes and cleaned the rotors multiple times to no avail. I have taken it to two different mechanics and they all say they look normal, but may just be a squeaky combination. Maybe the fact I went with the vented discs caused it? I have no idea, but it has not been a great experience. My vote would be to replace them with OEM and forget about it. Dealership quoted over $2k for rotors and pads front and rear, but you can save a lot doing on your own.

#14 ·
I have the power stop z23 Crossdrilled and slotted rotors and their pads on my car. Upgraded to some KYB struts and shocks and eibach springs because I was going to take the car out to the track. Also changed the trans and diff fluid to Amsoil.

Roy
I’ve got AWD and need to address my diffs badly. I just replaced both sway bars with FE4 V parts, all links and joints with Energy Suspension poly bushings and upper and lower control arm bushings and swapped trans fluid. Struts and shocks are next. Then to figure out how to retrofit or build out a decent exhaust.

Trying to find direct fit bolt on performance parts for the SRX is like shoeing a gorilla though. KYBs only offer OE replacement shocks and I can’t find any springs or shocks other than V series that are an upgrade to what I now have but they’re not rated for the weight of the SRX.

Been calling around to see about modifying a decent set of adjustable coilovers and exhaust to work for my application but no luck so far.

I have this terrible habit of picking cars with a very limited aftermarket market. Stupid stuff for someone who loves tinkering.

Two cars ago I had an Infiniti EX37, the hatchback/crossover version of the G37. None of the G parts were direct fit on my ride. But I learned to weld, at least, and modified the unlimited supply of G performance parts to work on my EX. Used a lot of heavily modified Nissan GTR parts too.

EX37 with GTR wheels, brakes, rods and arms and twin turbo kit, BC Racing coilovers and Stillen headers with straight dual 3.5” pipes. 506hp to the wheels, AWD, total sleeper...Fun ass project!

Looks like I’ll have to do some more modifications to other Cadillac model’s aftermarket parts now to make the SRX more exciting to drive, it appears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
I don't remember what the pads are made out of but you can read about it on the RockAuto website. They stopped good and are very smooth. I've been looking for braided Stainless Steel Brake hoses and I can't find any but there is a shop about 20 mi away that is supposed to be able to make them to DOT standards and I'm going to have that done pretty soon.

Roy

#18 ·
I don't remember what the pads are made out of but you can read about it on the RockAuto website. They stopped good and are very smooth. I've been looking for braided Stainless Steel Brake hoses and I can't find any but there is a shop about 20 mi away that is supposed to be able to make them to DOT standards and I'm going to have that done pretty soon.

Roy
Hey Roy, I recently installed Goodridge steel braided and poly coated brake lines on my SRX. I’m pretty sure they offer sets for all Cadillac models, as well as other vehicles. Each set is specific to each ride. They help a lot. Had to get used to how touchy the pedal became, but I’d say they nearly doubled efficiency on quick stops.

Definitely recommend looking into them. They’re about $125 per set and come with all needed hardware.

#17 ·
Here's an Old Post talking about eibach Springs in the SRX. I don't know what year it's for though.

Roy

#19 ·
Here's an Old Post talking about eibach Springs in the SRX. I don't know what year it's for though.

Roy

Yeah, there are a bunch of aftermarket toys for the first gen SRX. But unfortunately close to nothing for the gen 2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.