Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a miserable time in the Detroit area with regards to my Jaguar S type R 18" wheels; 40 aspect fronts and 35 rears. Pot holes have bent four rims, one beyond repair, in 4 years. Not to mention one or two trashed tires.

Do the V brakes allow for increasing the aspect ratio by reducing wheel diameter and increasing the aspect ratio, or alternatively, will the wheel wells accomodate a taller aspect tire with the standard V wheels? Are Brembos the only brakes available?

Much as I like the juice of the V, I just hate to sign up for that painful wheel tire scenario all over again.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V Clack 6psd (manual), Recaro, Loaded...
381 Posts
Something like this should do the trick :histeric:

I'd hit you up with a more serious answer if I had one...but I don't. Sorry.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V
239 Posts
I can't give you a definitive answer based on any experience, but I did just look at my car and there appears to be room to reduce the wheel diameter by an inch before risking interference with the brake calipers.

However I didn't look around to see if any other items would be in the way.

Here's one of my front wheels

·
Banned
Cadillac
834 Posts
uggh i've been in Detroit a few times on business with a couple of my former sports cars... 18 and 19" rims both and and the 18" weren't much better. one of the times i was looking at a 00 viper and the dealer was less than excited that i wanted to take it out on a couple of roads with some open stretches that turned out to be awful. i'm shocked anyone could deal with a sports car in that area. i felt like the shocks were going to blow through the fenders and the rims were riding on the pavement.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate your sentiments and understanding. OOOHH that "white wall" !!

Anyone know if there is an expert on the original subject?

Are there any brake options?

·
Registered
NONE
451 Posts
Are there any brake options?
I don't have much for you re: tires and wheels. But my question to you is: why on EARTH would you even want to consider swapping those Brembos out? Second only the Brembos on the ZR1, they're simply the best brakes GM has ever offered on any of its cars. Anything you buy aftermarket won't be able to hold a candle to them.

jas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts