Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just dumped 1000.00 on brakes, and well we all know how clean mechanics keep when getting in and out of your car so my question is, what is a decent quality sponge and soap to use on my car? I want to do interior and exterior. I already have the leather wipes and what not and the carpet scrub, but I need some decent soap and a hand sponge. I am not looking for best of the best. Just something you can find at you local auto parts store or superstore like meijer or wallmart.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Don't use a sponge on your paint, use a cotton wash mitt, save the sponge for your wheels and wheel wells. Use a good car wash, if you use Meguiar's or Mothers products use their car wash soap, manufacturers spend a lot of money making sure their products work well together. For interior cleaning 303 spray cleaner does a great job on the vinyl

·
Registered
175 Posts
hcvone said:
For interior cleaning 303 spray cleaner does a great job on the vinyl
What is 303 spray cleaner and where can I get it. Also what would you recommend on the leather as someone who didnt wash their jeans was in my truck last week and I noticed their jeans bled on my seats. :want:

·
Registered
Escalade
1,584 Posts
I'd go back and make them detail your vehicle for free. I wouldn’t appreciate it if I take so much time to have my Caddy looking nice for some mechanic to rub their grease all over my interior.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
csmooth79 said:
What is 303 spray cleaner and where can I get it. Also what would you recommend on the leather as someone who didnt wash their jeans was in my truck last week and I noticed their jeans bled on my seats. :want:
303 can be purchased from many auto stores, and boat stores, it works very well. For leather I like Zaino Z-9 Leather Cleaner and Z-10 Leather Conditioner, at our shops we used Lexol for years, and it works well, try their leather cleaner, you can find it pretty easy at many auto stores. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
hcvone said:
303 can be purchased from many auto stores, and boat stores, it works very well. For leather I like Zaino Z-9 Leather Cleaner and Z-10 Leather Conditioner, at our shops we used Lexol for years, and it works well, try their leather cleaner, you can find it pretty easy at many auto stores. :)
Any major chains you can think of, im in Wilm/Philly area. I would really like to get a good leather cleaner and conditioner because my seats are deteriorating faster than my old truck did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts