Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Seville SLS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little more advice, if anyone can speak from experience...

I've got three codes (all "history") in my 94 SLS (4.6L Northstar.) They keep coming back (always as "history") after I clear them and drive it again. I know what the codes mean, and I've spent hours reading related posts on this forum.

The codes are P039, P056 and P105. The biggest problem is that I'm not going to have the time or money for any substantial repairs for at least another month. And this is my daily driver. Am I taking too big a risk? What is likely to happen if I don't address these issues in time? If the answer to those questions is bad news, then are there some cheap and easy tests and/or repairs that I should do immediately?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,688 Posts
The first code P039 is covered under TSB 87-65-17 (Technical Service Bulletin) "TORQUE CONVERTER CLUTCH ENGAGEMENT, MAY SET WHEN DRIVING UP A SLIGHT GRADE AFTER A COLD START" the fix was a software upgrade in the PCM if you don't have any driveability concerns I would ignore it.

The other 2 are...
P056 Transmission Input Speed Sensor

P105 Brake Booster Vacuum Too Low - maybe check the vacuum line going to the brake booster for a loose connection or leaks. If the pressure was too low you would experience a brake pedal that was hard to push down or maybe would push down and not want to come back up.

Don't sweat the codes too much unless you have a driveability concern that goes along with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts