Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Acura ILX / 2011 Camaro LS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just laugh now, same issue with my soft pedal and hard to stop. Seems to happen every 30 days like clockwork. Jan brakes failed and I had the master cylinder replaced, end of feb my brakes failed again. Dealer said that air magically got in the system and bled them and all was fine until end of march when they failed again. Dealer then said the new master cylinder was already bad and put a 2nd new one in, brakes fine until yesterday when they failed again. I was not a happy camper today when I took it back. I've had 99% of the car worked on at the Chevy Dealer where I bought it and I talked to the tech and the service manager and they both told me they honestly have no idea what is wrong with my brakes (Woo!) and told me it may be time for me just go over to a Cadillac dealership which may know other existing problems. Well, I told them they have already worked on my brake 3 times and if I go to a new dealership then I will have to start covering cost where as right now they are covering them since it's been an existing issue. So he said something about seeing if they can call a cadillac dealer down the road and see about getting it looked at by a cadillac tech and just handle it themselves getting it down there to be looked at. So no telling how long they will have my car

Also, the squeeking noise over bumps/dips that they dealer told me was the swaybar bushings (Which they replaced for free). Well it took them 2 weeks to get my bushings and guess what? Did not fix the noise so they are looking at that too.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
it almost sounds like it is time to get Corporate Cadillac involved or cut your ties with the car and hope they dont sell it but junk it

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I can't trade it in , after I hit 50k miles my trade in value dumped to like 13.6k and I owe like 17.5k on it. I don't want to eat 4k on the car to trade it in.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They said they found air again in the RF caliper, bled it and it was fine and they could not find any other problems. So they are telling me unfortunately I have to drive it and if it fails again they will have to recheck and if it's the same caliper then they will have to go from there.

As far as the noise, they called a caddy dealer and they told them that the TSB fix always seems to come back squeeking when the washers are put in so they told them to order new lca's and use a different kit. I have no idea what they are talking about or why they need new lca's but apparently they won't get these parts until next week

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
you should get Cadillac Customer Service involved in this though...they can send a field grade individual to the dealership you are dealing with to diagnose it some more

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6L Thunder Grey
203 Posts
I've had 99% of the car worked on at the Chevy Dealer where I bought it and I talked to the tech and the service manager and they both told me they honestly have no idea what is wrong with my brakes (Woo!) and told me it may be time for me just go over to a Cadillac dealership which may know other existing problems. .
This is probablly the cause of your problems... I found out the hard way that Chevy mechanics know nothing about cadillacs. After a while, they told me the same thing they told you... "just bring it to a cadillac dealer"

For the squeek... may be a lower control arm issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts