Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 SLS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a 2004 bonnie GXP front brake caliper will bolt up to a 98 seville. I know they have a dual piston design I know the rotor is different. Just looking for more stopping power. This heavy beast warps rotors and I'm looking at EBC rotors and know there high carbon rotor could handle the extra bite but just wanna know options. It has the stock 16s on it so a bigger rotor is not optional. Last rotors were centric rotors lasted about 2 years. I don't brake hard unless I need to.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,509 Posts
Does anyone know if a 2004 bonnie GXP front brake caliper will bolt up to a 98 seville. I know they have a dual piston design I know the rotor is different. Just looking for more stopping power. This heavy beast warps rotors and I'm looking at EBC rotors and know there high carbon rotor could handle the extra bite but just wanna know options. It has the stock 16s on it so a bigger rotor is not optional. Last rotors were centric rotors lasted about 2 years. I don't brake hard unless I need to.

=====================
to answer your questions -
YES -
NO -

WITH modifications - including larger wheels and rotors -
some have used Buick Lucerne calipers -

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,105 Posts
Cast iron brake rotors do not warp - here's some brake homework -

I have run the EBC black slotted rotors and Redstuff pads on my STS since 2011. No problems at all and I have aggressively stopped the car several times from over 125.

BUT the 150 miles or so of break-in for the EBCs is teeth-chattering. The pads are coated with a mild grinding/burnishing compound and as it does its work you won't like it. Do it right and the brakes are strong, quiet, smooth. Forget the recommended breakin sequence and you will not be a happy camper.

EBC pads and rotors 2.JPG
LR rotor & pads.JPG

·
Registered
98 SLS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are the rotors I bought. I know those are the rear pads I have them installed and I'm waiting on the fronts. They are the same carbon fiber pad material as the rear.
20200510_192814.jpg
Screenshot_20200509-134818_Amazon Shopping.jpg

·
Registered
98 SLS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On a side note how can I remove the factory speed limiter. Just starts pulling strong in 3rd then BAM. TOP SPEED FUEL CUT OFF. Makes me so mad.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,509 Posts
On a side note how can I remove the factory speed limiter. Just starts pulling strong in 3rd then BAM. TOP SPEED FUEL CUT OFF. Makes me so mad.

===================
the short answer is YOU can't -

WITH the aid of a TECH2 scanner -
it MIGHT be able to "FOOL" the PCM into believing your SLS - limited to 112mph - is an STS - limited to 134mph -

1 - 6 of 6 Posts