Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
CTS11723 said:
Does anyone know which brake parts are covered under the 4yr/50,000 mile factory warranty?
My car has a bumper to bumper warranty so I take that to mean everything. Some warranties exempt wear items, such as tires, and brake pads. So it depends. My 2005 warranty is bumper to bumper, AFAIK.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if my rotors are warped, this should be fixed for free even if I have only 4,000 miles left under my warranty?

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
For some reason, dealers always seem to get out of covering anything related to brakes....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Better than that, they had to replace both front tie rod ends earlier this year and a front wheel bearing. I would think that would have something to do with the damage.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
CTS11723 said:
So if my rotors are warped, this should be fixed for free even if I have only 4,000 miles left under my warranty?
I'd say so, the only thing they might be able to argue is that they may still be within specs, that you'r perception is that they are warped, but it reality they fall within specs. If they are truly warped they they should do the work for you.

The usualy question/hurtle is this, is it something that only you feel cause its your car or is it something that a tech will feel/hear/see behind the wheel that they can't deny exists??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts