Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS V-Sport Premium, 1983 Mercedes 300SD (project car), 1997 Jeep XJ
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone has attempted upgrading the calipers/rotors on these cars? I'm now of the opinion they're just not up for track use and wondering what options are out there. Swapping in brakes from the V seems attractive but I'm guessing those cars have 19s for a reason and I would rather not get two new sets of wheels.

FWIW, already running EBC Bluestuff in front and Hawk HPS 5.0 in back (no racing compounds made for the rears on our cars, to my knowledge). Stuck with solid rotors as the dominant opinion seems to be run aggressive pads and cheap rotors. So I'm kind of maxxed out on the easy gains.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will upgrading just the rears throw off the bias? I do feel like my fronts are up to the task, if just barely.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you are on FB join the 2014+Cadillac CTS VSport group, lots of good info in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or this guys YouTube channel, he covers a lot of the VSport upgrades

I'm under carmax warranty so I'm keeping her stock as can be :) It's never ceased to pay out. I figure brakes is something they won't notice.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Brakes shouldn’t affect warranty, you can always say you just “painted” the calipers. The video link I sent you, read the description, he breaks down all the options. You don’t have to watch the video

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like that guy's channel. Very good info on the brakes. I may just do the rears.

The other I've done is a Trifecta tune. When it works right... damn. Only issue is for some reason after a few laps on the track it will pull boost and the car is then significantly underpowered. It does it after throwing a code to the effect of turbo overboost condition. I haven't noticed it doing that with the tune off. I'll likely try putting the tune on toward the end of my next track day and see what happens.

That said, I actually just happened across a low mileage C5 Z06 on CL. A little pricey but looking at pulling the trigger on that. With a dedicated track car I'd likely stop putting money into the Caddy.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Have you bled your intercooler system? Air in there will cause it to heat up and pull timing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts