Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been searching this forum now for a while trying to find an answer to this but i have had no luck.. there are quite a few minor issues with my 98 Catera that i'm wondering if they are all linked to one another.. heres the list:

Daytime running lights dont come on when in drive
Fog lights dont work (little green dash light doesnt come on either)
Dome lights dont turn on when any door is open
RAP (retained accessory power) feature for radio and windows doesnt work
"Brake To Shift" light lights up regardless if you are in park or drive
Doors dont automatically lock or unlock when shifting from park to drive
No power to "Homelink" buttons on bottom of mirror

thats all i can remember right now.. could all of that be linked to a body control module or something? i checked all the fuses and they are all good, i also tried replacing the multi-function relay switch from another car but it didnt fix anything.. its all minor stuff but it all adds up to be quite annoying; especially when you know the car is supposed to be doing things its not..

any help would be greatly appreciated.. =]

*edit*

also - does anyone know if there is a common problem with the back windows not rolling down in these cars..? my dad and i both have one back window (my rear left and his rear right) on our cars that doesnt roll down.. switches or crappy motors?

·
Registered
2 1997 Cateras: black&ocean green
698 Posts
Multifunction module should have solved most of the problems you are having. Was the one you replaced good? I tried putting in a Body Control Module from another Catera and my radio wouldn't come on. Probably because I have Bose and the Cat the module came out of didn't. But yeah, sounds like the problems are linked.
Good luck

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so i thought i would update everyone since i noticed that alot of people are looking at this topic.. it turns out that the multifunction relay switch i put in wasnt entirely good, i re-soldered some bad joints in the switch and put it back in to no avail.. i then checked my fuses again and found a right hand hi beam fuse (15a) burnt out so i replaced it and then i had fog lights for a short period until the fuse popped again.. it doesnt blow unless the fog lights are on even though it says its for the right hand hi-beam.. strange.. but i also heard a buzzing sound from what the guide says is a DRL relay.. does anyone know what that is for?

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm.. those dont work in my car either.. do you think that could be tied to the "Brake To Shift" light staying on at all times (in park or in drive) except when im pushing the brakes..?

·
Registered
698 Posts
I am pressy sure. If the car does not go into the "Drive" mode, it still thinks it's parked, therefore the light will stay on and the DRL won't work. Now, gotta find why. Try replacing that relay.

·
Registered
698 Posts
You know what just hit me? Check the little switch in the shifter column. There is a switch activated by the shifter lever when it is in "P" position. It may be stuck. Clean it. That may solve some problems.

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the thought =] i will try that as soon as i get the new spark plug wires installed and let you know what i find and what happens..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts