Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to if this is normal for this car or not. Have any of you taken the clover leafs on highways or taken any hard curve while braking and experienced the brakes giving a shutter feeling? Its almost as if the ABS is interacting. It only happens when taking sharp rounded turns at high speed and braking. Not really a problem I would like to take to the dealer to check out. Umm yeah when I'm whipping turns at 65 the brakes shutter. I could just imagine the response!!:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you have stabilitrack? Both ABS and stabilitrack will "pulse" the brakes and this sometimes feel like a shutter.

It all depends on the surface conditions, speed, etc... An earlier version of ABS on GM trucks would actually let the brakes loose on dirt, ice, and snow thinking it was skidding. The algorithms are not perfect on these systems yet. I think they are on version 2.0 of stabilitrack so some of these problems will probably be corrected in the next release...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pavement was dry and I have tested this on a couple occasions. Thanks for the feedback though...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Neoflex said:
Just curious to if this is normal for this car or not. Have any of you taken the clover leafs on highways or taken any hard curve while braking and experienced the brakes giving a shutter feeling? Its almost as if the ABS is interacting. It only happens when taking sharp rounded turns at high speed and braking. Not really a problem I would like to take to the dealer to check out. Umm yeah when I'm whipping turns at 65 the brakes shutter. I could just imagine the response!!:)
I experienced some of that today, but it was definitely from the ABS/Stability Sys/Traction systems... Have heard/felt this before too! :lildevil:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts