Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 Escalade on 24" D'Vinci Gustos. I would like to upgrade my brakes and maybe add a colored caliper. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
'01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)
737 Posts
Wow - do you have any pics we can see :) - how much did the brembo setup run you?

·
Registered
2003 Escalde, 2007 DTS
532 Posts
I must admit the stock brakes on these trucks are really sub par. Without spending a bundle, has anyone here done anything to beef up the brakes? Are there any better brake pads themselves that would work any better?

THANKS

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hey whats up oldworld? I have used EBC greenstuff in my custom car along with some zinc plated slotted / drilled rotors and there was a very noticeable difference in braking / stopping - not exactly a day and night difference but a very noticeable difference - kinda hard to explain.

For the price of the rotors and pads I could not complain compared to full brake upgrades and I am very happy with it. I plan on trying this setup for the 'Lade when I get a chance too...

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yeah those are the ones I bought despite the fact that almost everyone says bad things about ebay stuff - it has been 4 years now since I had the rotors and had them resurfaced just once in those 4 years - they have been holding up great and they look nice too.

·
Registered
Escalade
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys... not sure which way to go, but I definitely am going to upgrade my brakes in the next few months. I figures since I'm upgrading, I might as well go with something that works with my bigger wheels and looks nice too. Brembo, Baer, any other suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
......I have used EBC greenstuff in my custom car along with some zinc plated slotted / drilled rotors and there was a very noticeable difference in braking / stopping......
EBC makes good stuff. This is the combo I will replace my factory stuff with when the time comes.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
I had a very similar / probably almost exact question

A 2002 on 22s - but i'm not all that interested in swapping out for complete kit becuase as soon as they have that new escalade out that drives itself down the road (like they've been promising for a while) then this truck will go be sold 2010 maybe? - who knows

With that being said - i'm looking to get the absolute best brake pads - the truck has 30,000 miles on it and i figured now's a good time to proactively swap them out because i drive (and brake) pretty crazy as well - i'm surprised they've lasted this long to be honest.

So i'm not sure if i should expect to have to get new rotors also - but either way if I am using stock calipers does anyone have a recommendation for the best pads - and then if i need pads AND rotors, then what you'd recommend for that?

If anyone has any advice on the matter of anything to get, or even if something (brand) NOT to get - i'd be most appreciative.

thank you,
Skip

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
EBC's USR slotted rotors are a good upgrade, and their brake pads are very low brake dust and have a compound to help properly break in the pads and rotors. If I'm honest I also think the black rotors look cool as hell. The BIL recommended them to me as a replacement for OEM when the time comes. He's a service advisor so I figure he has some credibility.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV
360 Posts
black rotors? really? I have to get those!

I put ceramic pads and 'ebay special' zinc plated drilled and slotted rotors on my 2000 with 24's. You notice a difference when the brakes heat up. Stop and go traffic or a lot of braking on the highway for whatever reason is when I really saw a difference. The main thing is that the drilled and slotted rotors cool a lot faster, allowing your pads to cool faster as well.

I plan to put some on my 04

·
Registered
2005 Escalade ESV
216 Posts
How much would we be talking to beef up rotors and pads? I just upgraded my wheels and I don't want to go full brake upgrade but beefing it up sounds like a smart move.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts