Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ATS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now a bracket that holds the brake rod in place can break or shatter and leave you with no brakes. This should be a do not drive recall in my opinion. :tisk:

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
Now a bracket that holds the brake rod in place can break or shatter and leave you with no brakes. This should be a do not drive recall in my opinion. :tisk:
Looks like someone is pulling your leg. No such recall according to the NHTSA, who orders recalls.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
No recalls like that listed for my 2013, just checked by VIN.

·
Registered
14 ATS 2.0/11 Camaro SS
200 Posts
I can't find anything either and I was just at the dealer this morning getting my 2nd free oil change and tire rotation and they said nothing

·
Registered
'15 ATS 3.6 Coupe Premium AWD Black Diamond Tricoat
42 Posts
Maybe this is the reason my car has taken so long. According to the dealer they held it while waiting for an updated "component". It was released from the factory a week ago Friday and is in transit.

·
Registered
2015 ATS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GM Recall #:
N150352
NHTSA Recall #:
Awaiting#
Date Issued:
Jun 03, 2015
Recall Title:

BRAKE PEDAL PUSH ROD RETENTION FAILURE

Recall Description:

General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2015 model year Cadillac ATS and CTS vehicles. On some of these vehicles, the bracket between the brake pedal assembly and the rod that actuates the vehicle service brakes may have been fractured during the manufacturing process, or may exhibit a condition making the bracket susceptible to fracture when the brake pedal is depressed.

Safety Risk Description:

If the bracket is fractured or fractures when the brake pedal is depressed, the vehicle service brakes will not function, increasing the risk of a crash. The parking brakes will continue to function properly.

Repair Description:

Dealers will inspect the bracket for fracture or a condition that makes the bracket susceptible to fracture when the brake pedal is depressed. If a fracture or such a condition is found, the brake pedal (including the affected bracket) will be replaced, free of charge.

THIS IS WHAT I GOT

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
2,663 Posts
Safety Risk Description:

If the bracket is fractured or fractures when the brake pedal is depressed, the vehicle service brakes will not function, increasing the risk of a crash. The parking brakes will continue to function properly.
I would say that is definitely recall worthy. I love the wording that if it fractures the "brakes will not function increasing the risk of a crash"; thanks Mr. Obvious :)

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,363 Posts
Well, it obviously strictly only for new 2015 ATS and CTS vehicles....and as it states, it only affects certain 2015's; they may know exactly the ones affected through batch numbers, hence no general recall. Probably only those affected got letters.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
It takes a while before the letters arrive. mycadillac.com or NHTSA are the best place for 15 owners to check if they want to know now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts