Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'03 EXT and '04 CTS
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my '03 EXT for 2 years now and have had a very frightening brake experience problem about 3-4 times now, luckily I've never collided with anyone or anything but now I'm thinking it's a problem and want to know if anyone else has had this problem and what they have done to solve it.

Here's the problem - when I step on my brake pedal to come to a stop the pedal will go all the way down and almost feel like it's grinding (like metal-on-metal but my pads & rotors are fine) and my brakes go completely out!!!! Luckily if I let up and pump it they kick back in but obviously this is not normal nor should it be...LOL I've done some research online about this for GM trucks in general and have found some information regarding bad master cylinders..etc...but really want some real world current information, not old information from other forums.

Hopefully no one else is suffering from this problem but if you are I'd love to hear from you and what you did to solve it. I should note that my truck, being an '03, is not under warranty so getting the most information possible before taking it to someone to be looked at is always the best. Thanks in advance!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts