Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas-

I have a funny braking problem in my 02 escalade... I took it to the dealer that I bought it from over the summer to get the brake pressure modulator replaced under warranty, because it was causing my stability sensor to have problems...

Now to the problem... After they replaced the modulator, and bled the brakes they gave me my truck back... And ever since I got it back it has been braking funny when I am coming to a stop... When I come to a stop all of a sudden just before I stop, my brake pedal feels like the abs is starting or like it is not getting any brake fluid for a second and then it gets it back and the brakes feel normal again... ?? do you guys think that they just did not do a good job of bleeding the brakes?? They put the truck on the computer, and there were no error codes or anything... That is the main reason why I think it is the Brake fluid having air in the lines..

I hope I did a good job of explaining this... let me know if any of you guys have had this problem, because the dealer keeps telling me there is nothing wrong with my truck and I know there is something going on..

·
Registered
02 ESCALADE
1,529 Posts
I can probably bet its the brake master cylinder, or maybe the booster? I have the same problem right now. Ive literally been shopping around for one (master cylinder) in the last week. I got a quote from dealer for a new one for like $550+labor. I said **** that.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool.. I am going to take it in to the dealer that is close to my house so that they can take a look at it, and let me know what it is for sure so that my warranty will cover it......

I am pretty sure that it is not the Master Cylinder though, because my brake pedal does not go down to the floor, it only losses pressure for about 1 second and then it's fine... So it is either the brake booster or air in the lines...

The thing is though there are no error codes on the computer, so that is why i am thinking its air in the lines...

·
Registered
175 Posts
I had the same problem, it is the wheel speed pulse sensor that is telling the abs system to activate. There are no codes, they have to figure it out. My dealership took a week to do it, but 30 min to fix it. Tell them to try that out.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
csmooth79 said:
I had the same problem, it is the wheel speed pulse sensor that is telling the abs system to activate. There are no codes, they have to figure it out. My dealership took a week to do it, but 30 min to fix it. Tell them to try that out.
Kool thanks... I am taking it in 2morow so I will tell them to look at that...

Did they have to replace that part?? or is it something that they may have just forgot to reconnect?? Also do you have a part number??

·
Registered
175 Posts
No, unfortunately no part number (warranty work, they dont give many details). But I know they had to replace it. The sensor was bad.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
csmooth79 said:
No, unfortunately no part number (warranty work, they dont give many details). But I know they had to replace it. The sensor was bad.
now is there one sensor for every wheel?? or just one sensor period?

·
Registered
218 Posts
One sensor every wheel, dust and grime gets between the reluctor ring and the sensor. The best thing to do is take the sensor out clean it and the ring then tap it in.

·
Registered
02 Escalade
49 Posts
I think I had the same problem on my 02, the peddle would pulsate, for lack of a better explanation. Under warranty I remember that they disassembled, cleaned and reassembled some part of the brakes. It sound like possibly the same thing.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
demjjm said:
I think I had the same problem on my 02, the peddle would pulsate, for lack of a better explanation. Under warranty I remember that they disassembled, cleaned and reassembled some part of the brakes. It sound like possibly the same thing.
It doesnt really pulsate... It just feels kinda like a force feedback type of thing, and it makes a nasty little noise, like the abs is activating..

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK the problem was/is the Wheel Speed Sensor in both front wheels... BUT apparantly there is a service bulletin that requires you to pay for the cleaning of the sensors, which is about $280 to clean 2 of them... and to replace the 2 of then its only $400... So before these idiots replace the parts they want me to pay $280 for them to clean the parts to make sure that Is not the problem, because its not giving me any codes...

What a load of Bull, im gettin so sick of Cadillac Dealers...

·
Registered
02 ESCALADE
1,529 Posts
rawdog805 said:
OK the problem was/is the Wheel Speed Sensor in both front wheels... BUT apparantly there is a service bulletin that requires you to pay for the cleaning of the sensors, which is about $280 to clean 2 of them... and to replace the 2 of then its only $400... So before these idiots replace the parts they want me to pay $280 for them to clean the parts to make sure that Is not the problem, because its not giving me any codes...

What a load of Bull, im gettin so sick of Cadillac Dealers...
Absoleutly rediculous. Thats what you should expect to pay whenever you have a problem with your Cadillac. Somewhere around $500 per trip to the service department.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Synergetic said:
Absoleutly rediculous. Thats what you should expect to pay whenever you have a problem with your Cadillac. Somewhere around $500 per trip to the service department.
I know but I have a warranty factory and extended, so rather than them just going ahead and fixing the damn thing under warranty, they want me to pay $280 to clean them, drive it around to see if the problem persists, then they will replace it under warranty...

Are they crazy or what..

·
Registered
02 ESCALADE
1,529 Posts
Yes, very crazy!! I would just say, forget the cleaning... I don't want you to clean the sensors that you're replacing. That should be enough for them. Then tell them to fix the sensors under warranty.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Time to visit a new cadillac dealer, mine were replaced under warranty, no charge (cleaning or whatever)

Please dont let them :thepan:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts