Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there. Just want to get some insight. I know that brake pedal should be higher than gas pedal due to some safety design requirements. . But the escalade brake pedal ( in relation to gas pedal) is much much higher compared to other SUVs. The adjustable feature only moves both pedals which retains the same brake to gas pedal height difference. Anybody here bothered by lifting their right foot (as opposed to pivoting) every time the brake pedal is press?

·
Registered
15i Granite/Kona (bought back)/ '16 Granite/Kona
314 Posts
Lemme guess….your first GM SUV?
Anyone here that has been driving GM SUV's or trucks for awhile will not have a clue what you are talking about…
I bet you think there is a fair amount of travel in the brake pedal as well?

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
Actually for once I am going to agree with smoker. :bomb:

Is this you first Escalade or GM SUV ever?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I had a 2007 and 2010 escalade. While their brake pedal is considerably higher than gas, I'm fine with it I think the new escalade raised the brake pedal even more in relation to gas pedal. Just my observation.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
I guess, the engineers doesn't want people to get too gas pedal happy on a very large SUV. In a sense, it kind of a good thing, because if the brake are the same level as the gas pedal, then people would accidentally press the gas rather than the brake. Just a wild guess.

·
Registered
2015 SRX
1 Posts
I totally agree, I have a 2015 SRX with the same brake pedal height problems. The adjustable feature only makes it worse. How can it be fixed?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts