Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 AWD XTS when the car running and I press the brake pedal, there is a clicking noise coming from the passengers side. Noise seems to be from behind glove box area in the dash. Noise just started at 8,000km. only clicks once, every time the pedal is pressed.

I'm guessing there is a problem with the shift lock or something, everything works as normal right now... just a loud clicking noise whenever brake pedal is pressed on.

Dealer trip for sure, but anyone else herd of this issue?

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,765 Posts
Maybe the shift lock solenoid is getting louder then usual. I feel like I’ve heard them click before and I think some click noise is normal for a mechanical solenoid but I guess you’ll have to see what the dealer things.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,719 Posts
2019 AWD XTS when the car running and I press the brake pedal, there is a clicking noise coming from the passengers side. Noise seems to be from behind glove box area in the dash. Noise just started at 8,000km. only clicks once, every time the pedal is pressed.

I'm guessing there is a problem with the shift lock or something, everything works as normal right now... just a loud clicking noise whenever brake pedal is pressed on.

Dealer trip for sure, but anyone else herd of this issue?
No click on my '19. Let us know what the Dealer said.

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Platinum '91 Caprice Wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)
662 Posts
I can hear mine, faint but audible when in park. There was a problem with the solenoid failing on the C6 Corvettes. Never happened when I had mine, but I assume whatever it was has been remedied as it's on millions of cars. Are you sure maybe you just didn't notice it 'till now? It's much easier to hear in a quiet garage.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I can hear mine, faint but audible when in park. There was a problem with the solenoid failing on the C6 Corvettes. Never happened when I had mine, but I assume whatever it was has been remedied as it's on millions of cars. Are you sure maybe you just didn't notice it 'till now? It's much easier to hear in a quiet garage.
I'lll have to check mine...I don't recall hearing it, but maybe it's so faint I don't pay attention to it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for your info...

Yes loud click is new 100%

And now today my left turn signal went into hyper mode... flash very fast. Turned it off, now back to normal. hope this isn't the start of problems... way to early!!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Thanks guys for your info...

Yes loud click is new 100%

And now today my left turn signal went into hyper mode... flash very fast. Turned it off, now back to normal. hope this isn't the start of problems... way to early!!
From what I've read, that could be due to a turn signal bulb that has or is going, or is loose, or a problem with the socket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts