Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI
Need advice on best brake pads to purchase,do not like the stocks.
Thanks

·
Registered
'07 SRX V8 AWD 20" Sport
112 Posts
I have had good luck with the Akebono ProACT Ceramic Pads on tirerack. Low dust, stopping power seemed fine, and they lasted longer than the stock ones.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had good luck with the Akebono ProACT Ceramic Pads on tirerack. Low dust, stopping power seemed fine, and they lasted longer than the stock ones.
seemed fine?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi
Changing rotors to EBC and pads to EBC green stuff, A friend is lending me his lift, but I need my tools, I need to know the size of the torx head or if its a phillips head for the rotor, I am sure I do not have that big a torx

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow no one has seen the torx or if its a large phillips head? Lots of you have seen/worked on the rotors?, I do not want to go to the shop and lift the car and look and then have to lower it and drive to get the tool if I can avoid it:(

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks got a idea now on size and type, so I can now buy a torx set

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

"Using the T30 torx/star bit remove the one rotor mounting screw"
PIC and statement from thread by SRT ACE

·
Registered
2003 CTS<-- Gone! New-->2004 SRX
13 Posts
ANyone know where I can get said T30 torx screw? Just replaced wheel bearing today on my 04', and there was not a screw in it. Probably a terible question that will lead to extreme amounts of ridicule, but is it needed?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,818 Posts
If you're asking about a 2004 SRX (in a Deville forum) then you're in the wrong place.

Our Seville/Deville rotors index on the hub center bore - a Torx would be there ONLY to prevent the rotor from falling off when the wheel is removed. Not really needed for a good install. My STS - with EBC rotors and Redstuff pads - has no screws through the rotors - just the studs.

No extra holes in the rotor flanges .......

Again - Seville/Deville/SRX - apples, oranges, cucumbers.

EBC pads and rotors 2.JPG

·
Registered
2014 ELR
190 Posts
If you're asking about a 2004 SRX (in a Deville forum) then you're in the wrong place.

Our Seville/Deville rotors index on the hub center bore - a Torx would be there ONLY to prevent the rotor from falling off when the wheel is removed. Not really needed for a good install. My STS - with EBC rotors and Redstuff pads - has no screws through the rotors - just the studs.

No extra holes in the rotor flanges .......

Again - Seville/Deville/SRX - apples, oranges, cucumbers.

View attachment 584173
The bolt that holds the rotor on is there just for the production line. It keeps the rotor in place untill the wheel is attached. It serves no other purpose. Some corner assembies and rear axles come from the supplier to the plant with the brakes and rotors installed. They really need that bolt so they stay together.
Some people reinstall them after a brake job, some don't. If you leave it out no problem. If you reinstall it and you need to heat/easy out/drill to remove the rotor you might regret it.
Just thought you would be interested.

·
Registered
2003 CTS<-- Gone! New-->2004 SRX
13 Posts
Thanks! I will be leaving it out then (Got some from part store, into the junk drawer they go.)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts