Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i have 26 inch rims and decide to go with baer eradspeed plus 1 system (14 inch rotors drilled and slotted) will the brakes still wear down quickly with stock caliper?

and should i get hawk brake pads or cadillac brake pads?

will aftermarket pads squeal? thanks.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The stock pads aren't bad, they're made of ceramics. The hawk pad which are the ones I got are even better. They squel if you don't break them in properly.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Hawk make a great brake pad, and they make a ceramic pad that is really good, even the stock pads are ceramic as said above, they are much better that the standard GM pads.

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
128 Posts
I have the eradispeed plus 1's with 14 inch rotors and after about 1000 miles the oem brake pads started to squeak when I stopped. I bought a set of Bosch ceramics and have not heard a noise since!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey loanman, can you tell a big difference with your baer eradaspeed in stopping power? and how much did you pay for the eradaspeed and how much does it cost total with installation? thanks.

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
128 Posts
I can definetely tell the difference, it's not like having four brake pad brembos by any means but a good difference. I tow a boat and have 24's and I can tell the difference. Just make sure you break them in right, they will give directions. I would brake them in with your oem brake pads, then get different high quality break pads and set them( they will also tell you how to do). I put the package in my self, real easy to do.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey loanman, is it easy to break in rotors....maybe a dumb question...but how do you break it in?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have replaced new rotor on my other cars but i didn't know you had to break rotors in a special way....thank.

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
128 Posts
They will include the instructions in the package. You are basically going to heat treat them. You do various speed with light braking and hard braking drive down the highway for 5 minutes to cool down go back start over. You are just heat treating the metal so they do not warp under load braking and such. I don't remember the exact process as I did it awhile ago but it will tell you exactly what to do. If you do this with your oem brake pads in I recommend getting a set of Bosch ceramics to replace afterward and set them in as well which is included in the instructions. I got my Bosch's on Ebay for a good price. Make sure you can find some semi secluded road near a freeway to do your breaking so you have quick access to the freeway to cool down the rotors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts