Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Deville
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace all of the brake linres on my 94 Deville due to rust issues. Can anyone tell what size the lines and the fittings are?

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
If car is not driveable, you need to invite Midas mgr or good Midas mechanic to your next bar b q. If it is driveable, take it to Midas with a case of beer. Provide beer to mgr AFTER they look at car. They will likely give you some good advice.

Are you going to do this yourself??? Seems like tedious work. I suspect you could find some reliable inexpensive mechanic to do the job for $150--$200??? plus parts.

·
Registered
94 Deville
35 Posts
The rust just gave way on my brake lines today on a very busy hwy. Thankfully no one was in front of me at the light and the other traffic hadn't gotten going yet. I made it the 4 blocks home. My boyfriend looked at it but decided it needed to be put on the lift. Luckily there is a tire place across the hwy from my neighborhood so I drove real slow and survived lol. An hour and $107 later I have brakes. He replaced the line from the engine compartment back. I stood outside the bay and watched, he cursed a lot.

I hope you get yours fixed before they blow out like mine. I'm still shaking and that was 4 hours ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts