Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get the brake line fittings that go into the Bosch modulator? The local Cadillac dealer sent me to a couple of part stores but have yet to find any. They are not a standard size. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Did you ever get any satisfaction on this? I've been all over the world basically on the phone with every parts place including GM trying to get the part numbers for the fittings for the brake lines running from the ABS unit to my LEFT front and rear brakes. I have the lines, can have them bent, but I cannot find the fittings.

ANY help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
Bring the EBTCM over to napa or some other parts place like that and try out some of their "clutch adapters". The regular fitting for the line should screw into the adapter and the adapter should screw into the EBTCM.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Well, it is time to say what everyone knows. At least all the Cadillac dealers in Western Washington are about as inept as possible. NONE of them could tell me what size or part number the fittings were that went on either side of the metal brake lines in their cars.

My car was basically held hostage at a shop because NOBODY, including the company that built the car, could tell me where to buy the fittings so I could have my brake lines bent up, fittings put on and driven.

It has been the most frusturingting three months as a car owner for me that I can remember.

I finally went out myself and pulled some off of a German car (ABS Bosch brake unit) and they fit. I'm having the brake lines bent up now and I'll be back on the road soon.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
If you ever need the nuts again, I once found numbers for a 98 SLS ABS unit. They are 11516402 and 11516404. They may fit earlier models.

·
Registered
Cadillac
82 Posts
I know this poast is way old but I've found myself in this very same position. Do you by chance know what german car yopu pulled them off of? It seems those inept people have moved to central Iowa. What year car do you have? Mine is a 94 Deville.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm sorry, I'm afraid I can't. I've seemingly eradicated my STS ownership from my mind. I loved that car, I do miss it, but it just flat fell apart at 88k miles.

Have you tried the part numbers above?

http://www.newgmparts.com/

Has been a great source for me, with my STS as well as now my 96 Buick Riviera.

·
Registered
Cadillac
82 Posts
Didn't have much luck with the numbers. I'm heading here in a short to the local salvage yard to see if I can possible salvage the nuts off of the cars there to use. I am amazed at how hard it has been to locate a stupid threaded nut and at some of the stupid replies I have received when inquiring about it. God help me.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I know your terror. I want to say it came off a Mercedes or Saab but don't quote me on it. I remember I did research on the Bosch ABS unit that was in my STS and there were other cars that used the system. It really soured me on Cadillac when they couldn't help.

·
Registered
Cadillac
82 Posts
Ok now I'm really getting ticked at Cadillac. All of the brake fittings are the same. Some large dimension (12mm?) and fine thread. I did find a similar size and thread but double flare not the bubble on 3/16" tube at Advanced auto parts but they only had one. So I went to the salvage yard and removed several nut fittings to use on my car. Now I'm ticked cuz this is used throughout the car and on several other Cadillac models and no one seems to know what and where to get this type of nut. I love Caddies but this may be the last straw. I may go back to Lincoln now. :mad2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts